Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Me as bedding.

Yes, you're reading that correctly. Let me backtrack.

Y'all know my dearest pal Bailey Quin McCarthy, interior designer, shopowner, blogger, and mom extraordinaire, opened up a store in Houston last fall. Affectionately named Biscuit, the shop offers an original bedding line among other cheeky home goods. Part of the genius behind the bedding is that Bailey found inspiration from her favorite bloggers and named the bedding after them. So when the company launched half a year ago, there was the Katie (Armour of Matchbook Magazine) and the Joanna (Goddard of Cup of Jo), to name a few. And now... drum roll please... there's the Alaina!

Flattered. Giddy. Surreal. All words floating through my head as I see the print–complete with tiny Eiffel towers and mint and pink confetti (how apropos!)–on an actual bed! It's kind of hard to see in the pics above since it's the duvet folded at the foot of the bed, but I'll have plenty of more photos soon enough! And I'm pretty sure the Alaina, along with all the other new spring lines, will be available online this week or next! I'll be sure and let you know. And let's be honest. It's probably going to fly off the shelves... Who doesn't love Paris and candy-colored confetti?! No one.


Here's a detailed photo Bailey sent me a while ago when they were having the sheets printed at the mill in North Carolina. It's me as bedding!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bailey! And congrats!

25 comments:

  1. That's so cool! It is very lovely bedding at that! Love the colors.

    http://allthatglitters.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How amazing is this cute bedding (and totally fitting for you)?! I wonder what I would look like in bedding form... scattered with sequins, I'm sure.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And let's be honest. It's probably going to fly off the shelves." I just laughed out loud, you crack me up!! But honestly, it probably will!! Congrats Alaina, it turned out so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really wanting that St. Tropez pillow! It is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that duvet...you said it — who could resist?! Congrats!

    http://folledejoieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bedding has my name all over it! Thanks for introducing her and her shop to me! How awesome :)

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! Very bright and fresh and just screaming for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so cute! and very you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I've been waiting to see the colors they would choose for this print. I love it so so so much. Saving my pennies as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh how awesome! What a genius idea :)

    I love the Alaina sheets, my boyfriends Mom loves Paris, I feel like these might make a fun gift! But if I buy them, I'm pretty sure they'd end up on my bed instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exciting! The design is so pretty and playful. Your bedding will be a big hit, for sure:) Also pairs perfectly with the Paris print in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an honor! I love you as bedding. The confetti sheets are so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and original- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already contacted Biscuit to hold one for me. Looks like I'll have to get some for Miss Lucy also. I love it! So you Alaina. Job well done Bailey & ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's amazing! Now you know you've really made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh, that's awesome! It really does seem like your personality on bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great idea, it looks amazing!
    I have my page, but I need a web hosting, , a friend of mine recommended me www.elcoplanet.com have you ever heard about them. i have checked there web site and it seems that they offer chip prices and good performances unlimited web hosting space and unlimited bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool is THAT?!?!? Love it...and her shop looks amazing too. Thanks for the info!

    http://simplymodernhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous print ... love the tiny Eiffel towers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my gosh these are adorable. so you and so cute! Might have to get my hands on a set of these!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin