Tuesday, May 21, 2013

polka dots and neon #mysummeruniform

in the four years since its inception, live creating yourself has never been anyone's go to resource for personal style posts. and let's be honest, even if i tried to make it that, you'd see a lot of the same thing: j.crew, j.crew, a touch of kate spade, with the occasional budget find from target and gap in the mix. needless to say i don't think anna wintour and friends would be knocking down my door for my groundbreaking tips on fashion. that being said, today, i have a style post for all of you! (and yes, it's cholkerbock full of the aforementioned brands.)

i had a very exciting photo shoot last week (details forthcoming) and quickly ran out the day before to pick up some items that i thought would maybe work and represent my personal style, which i've since coined preppy but FUN, [exclamation point]. of course, the stylist put me in something totally different, but that's neither here nor there. after the shoot, i couldn't bring myself to return this polka dot dress (now on sale!). i love it too much and suspect i'll be wearing it all summer long, appreciating how it works for both day and night. ok, i mean, for a fancy day. i don't know about you, but i normally don't run errands all dolled up.


yeah, that's a selfie. but there's a puppy in it so it's okay. and before anyone asks, yes, i was spray-tanned. i'm normally a lovely/pasty shade i like to call brightwhitelikethemoon. if any of you have an event coming up or just want to give spray-tanning a try, i can't recommend benefit enough. sure, you have to get nakey in a closet with a lady who hoses you down w/ sticky orange spray that stinks to high hell, but i've learned it's worth it.

SHOP THE DAY OUTFIT:

SHOP THE NIGHT OUTFIT:
dress | necklace | belt | pumps (similar) | ring | bracelet (similar)


p.s. we are giving away a pair of the daytime espadrilles by jacques levine on the everygirl! so head on over and sign up. ($139 value!)

first and last photo by darlene campos for the everygirl

16 comments:

  1. Great Outfit(s)! This dress is really cute. Good call that you kept it. ;)
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know benefit cosmetics had spray tanning! elaborate??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I see lots of dresses as my summer wardrobe :) I like the addition of a neon belt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is adorable! i love the pink belt with it!! x

    dipped in yellow

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great! i love dressing down a nicer dress for day! and i am really wishing i had your tan right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The day outfit is surprising my favorite out of the two! I'm with you -- neons all. summer. long.

    hammerandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the day outfit; I hope you have more outfits to come. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a cutie Alaina!! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great Alaina! I love the polka-dot dress and definitely feel like this outfit has a big punch of your personal style. Great pick!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dotty dress mixed with hot pink accents! So preppy and fun.

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I love your dress a lot and I think it is a perfect outfit for you, that pink colour belt has added a strange beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, Alaina, I would LOVE to see more outfit posts here on LCY, since you have such a fun, feminine and colorful style (it's right up my alley :) You look absolutely fantastic in this dress (I would snag it in a heartbeat!) and I love the pops of pink. One word: perfection!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too would like details on what type of spray tan you use from Benefit... Your tan looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for give vastly nice info. Your web page is cool.I am impressed by the information that you have on this web page. It shows how well you understand this topic. Bookmarked this page, will come back for further.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin