Monday, February 25, 2013

pretty pretty princesses

so apparently dressing over-the-top girly is my new thing. bailey texted me after seeing my instagrams from last thursday night's anniversary party that i looked like a pretty pretty princess (my post-margarita haze triggered images of my little pony instead of the game pretty pretty princess but i took it as a compliment anyway. after all i was donning a bright pink dress and sparkly bows galore)–and apparently it's just the style i'm into these days! all three of my favorite looks from last night's oscars were variations of ball gowns in uber feminine colors and fabrics. well done amy adams, jennifer lawrence, and jennifer aniston! exactly as it should be on the oscar red carpet. who wore your favorite look last night?

i also finally saw silver linings playbook yesterday–so good. all of the acting, and of course the story, was really brilliant. nice seeing bradley cooper in such a different role!

on a final note–the everygirl anniversary party at west elm was a huge success! over 300 guests came out–the gift bags were gone in the first 5 minutes! haha a lot more details and photos will be on the everygirl later this week so stay tuned!

how was your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dresses! I was surprised to see Jennifer Aniston in that beautiful dress, a good change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were probably my favorites too. Who doesn't deserve to feel like a princess? SO glad the party was a success – can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Aniston looked STUNNING. So glad the everygirl event was a success - no surprise there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of all these dresses. Though I think JLaw was my favorite. I was loving her in general last night http://ow.ly/i1xf2 fall included!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as true princesses! I'm really smitten with Jennifer Lawrence's entire look (those diamonds falling on her back were stunning!), and I also adored Jen Aniston's look: such a nice change to see her in a bright color! And of course, that man candy on her arm didn't bother me either ;)

    Congratulations on your huge success with The Everygirl, Alaina! I posted tidbits from your story on my blog today, alongside with a few words on how The Everygirls continues to inspire me every day! Thank you for being so awesome!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED Jennifer Aniston's dress! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those were my three favorite dresses. both jennifers can do no wrong. i love all the very girly things now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer Lawrence looked amazing last night! That Christian Dior gown was beauiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence! Jen Aniston never really does it for me, but it was a great dress.

    xoxo,
    La Petite Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  10. These girly looks are gorgeous but I favored the more streamlined looks last night. You can find my best dressed on the blog today:

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally picked my favorites too! I feel like wanting to look like a pretty pretty princess is totally acceptable - I just wish I had an awards show as an excuse to wear one of those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVED Jennifer Lawerence's dress! And everything she said at/after the Oscar's, she is just great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin