Monday, September 16, 2013

Ladyplace: Living Room Details

Today I thought I'd share with you some of the details to my wee lil living room.
Sofa is Pottery Barn Carlisle, rug is from Joss and Main, brass curtain rod and curtain are West Elm.

My Paris-inspired gallery wall complete with my own letterpress print of the Eiffel Tower.
You can purchase here.

The pillows on the sofa. Per everyone's suggestion, I removed the pink one, and am left with:
grey trellis from Serena and Lily , black and white spotted from Furbish Studio,
and gold polka dots from Caitlin Wilson Textiles.

Styling the new coffee table is a bit trickier with the different layers and round shape. I've included some of my favorite magazines, a vintage sterling silver tray I picked up at the Brown Elephant for $5 - I use it to store photo booth and polaroid photos (got this idea from my friend Caitlin Flemming), the marbled box is from Furbish Studio, and that beautiful white and gold candle is from a boutique in Charleston.

When I downsized, the only two pieces of furniture I was able to bring with me included the couch and the bed - the two pieces I never wanted my dogs on. So it was time to finally get them a bed they'd actually like. Unfortunately, the styles at Costco and Petco just weren't cutting it. Thanks to Harry Barker for this stylish black and white toile bed. It's the medium size so it's large enough for both of my 25-lb furfriends. They love it. And I'm happy.

This will inevitably change, but for now the $30 brass end table I got in Craigslist is showcasing a few decorative pieces from my old place. The milk glass lamp, the faux topiary (I can't keep real plants alive), a candle, some coasters, and my favorite porcelain horns that are Jonathan Adler but I got from Furbish Studio.

photos by Alaina Kaczmarski

16 comments:

  1. It looks great! I guess Chicago's craiglist is a treasure trove, I live in DC and the craigslist here sucks, I can never find anything worthwhile, have been looking for dining chairs/lamp for a long time now. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seeing all of your homes!! you have great taste! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the room is looking! I'm a big fan of your couch-it looks so much more cozy and comfy than mine. I seriously kind of want it but can't really justify the purchase of a new couch at the moment. I'm so excited to see how the rest of your place comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking sooooo good! I really like this round of coffee table styling better than with the candlesticks! ESP the photobooth photos in the silver dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i obviously love it! you are making me want a gold round coffee table. i wonder if i can DIY one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely my dear! The neutrals look great with the bright pops on the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks incredible! You've really done a great job!

    Ashley
    http://allthatglitters.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good!!! I especially love that curtain rod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your living room is so awesome! I currently hate mine :( but mostly because I can't really do what I want with my child running lose. Total apartment envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Do you like the west elm curtains? Looking for a similar neutral curtain and would appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks gorgeous! i love your use of space

    ReplyDelete
  12. The room looks soooo good, i looove the gallery wall! i'm just curious...what was the last arrengement in the other side of the room? Have you tried to put the big console on the bar's wall, and the bar in the other side? I think it might open the room a little bit more....because when you turn into it from the entrance door, it' s more visually light the bar car with the book's shells....well you can give it a try! Is just an idea, anyway, your place always looks amaizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everytime you post home tours it makes me wanna lfix up my house so bad! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can buy gold gild paint at Michael's to rub on your existing mirror to change up the look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everythinhg is beautiful. Very good taste and job!!
    Love read your blog.
    Evelyne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Polaroids in a bowl idea -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin