Friday, December 21, 2012

from my home to yours...

...wishing you all a very merry christmas.


i realized i hadn't shown you all my tree.

isn't it lovely? yes, it's very real, smells fresh and christmas-y, and was carried home from the nearest lot just like the past couple years. the ornaments are a combination of childhood ornaments, christopher radko's i have been gifted since i was young, newer ornaments i picked up from target, pottery barn, west elm, world market, etc., and candy canes. the needlepoint stocking w/ my name on it is another piece i've had since i was a child. my mom finally gave all of us ours to keep in our new homes. this is the first time it's actually hanging from a mantel. i love this little scene–complete with the sunburst mirror from layla grayce and paris ferris wheel print from the paris print shop–and i'll be cozying up here all weekend with my favorite christmas movies, some tea, and my pups... until monday when i'll be heading to the suburbs with danielle to celebrate christmas eve with my family.

i want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your support, kindness, and patience this past year. i know my posting was sporadic to say the least. 2012 - the past month in particular - has brought about a lot of change in my life, a lot of which was beyond wonderful and more than i ever could have expected in my life. and recently, some very scary but exciting changes are on my horizon, all of which i will share with you after the holidays.

in the mean time, i hope you all have a peaceful, wonderful holiday with your friends, families, and loved ones. and please keep the families, victims, and all those affected by the tragedy in connecticut in your thoughts.

- alaina

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Alaina and this little corner of Christmas is just lovely. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Alaina, and all the best for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas !! Have a wonderful wkend & Christmas holibobs with ur family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the sunburst mirror and was excited to see it - alas, it's just a tad too big for the spot i have in mind. I'll keep searching. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive never met anyone else who has collected Christopher Radko ornaments since they were little too?? Those are pretty much the only ornaments I have on my tree- and I've even gotten my husband on board with them. Now we collect them together and its such a treat to put them up every year!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that ferris wheel print! And your tree is just beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and I know only exciting things are in store for you in 2013! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you hugs from London, Alaina! Thanks for writing such a great blog, I always love coming by here for a read. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a big fan :) Thank you for the inspiration on aesthetics. Keep writing!

    Love from Manila,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing living room , great Christmas decorations,thanks so much for sharing, I will be calling more often. Amazing blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that I can see Harry Potter on your shelf!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin