Wednesday, July 24, 2013

LCY Listens: The Oh, Hello's!

Alright, everyone. I've got a good one for you! Their name is The Oh, Hello's, led by a Texas-bred brother sister duo, Tyler and Maggie Heath, but comprised of a large group of musicians and singers. I got to see this self-produced group last week at the small venue Space up in Evanston, and it was such a treat! Their energy and passion and talent for songwriting has captured my attention. I've been listening to their album on repeat - it's available to listen to on their website, but I've included a few of my favorites here so you can see for yourself. Start with the first one, The Truth is a Cave. If you don't like that, then I assume you like EDM and have no business reading my music posts. As always, I've included a few verses I particularly enjoyed for one reason or another.

Ladies and gentlemen... The Oh, Hello's...!

Song: The Truth is a Cave

Lyrics I Love: 
I was young and naive
as I was told, so I believed
and I was told there's only one road that leads you home

and

I was tired of giving more than you gave to me
and I desired a truth I wouldn't have to seek
but in the silence I heard you calling out to me

 
Song: I Have Made Mistakes

Lyrics I Love:
I have made mistakes, I continue to make them
the promises I've made, I continue to break them
and all the doubts I've faced, I continue to face them
but nothing is a waste if you learn from it

Song: Like the Dawn

Lyrics I Love:
and like the dawn you woke the world inside of me
you were the brightest shade of sun when I saw you


Song: The Wishing Well

Lyrics I Love:
curse my restless wandering feet
prone to wander endlessly

Song: I Was Wrong

Lyrics I Love:
I was born at the dawn of our folly
and I was young, and stubborn to the bone
as I took from the tree that was rotting

You can listen to their whole album here!

5 comments:

  1. Loving this. The lyrics make me cry. That's what the best kind of music does for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this is great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered The Truth is a Cave a while back and have loved them ever since! Their lyrics are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful music with emotional lyrics, I'll have to check the album out!

    xx
    http://hotchildinchicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to all of these while I was getting ready for work this morning!! They remind me of The Civil Wars, a little bit. Thanks for sharing!

    Rose
    Blonde in this City

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin