Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ladyplace: Full Before Apartment Tour

because the first sneak peek photos of my new apartment didn't do it justice...
here's the full before home tour.

Upon walking through the front door, you're greeted by this little entryway. Bedroom is straight ahead, living room is on the left. There's a closet door to the right that you cannot see.

THE LIVING ROOM/OFFICE
Main living area view from the entryway

 360° view

THE KITCHEN
isn't she lovely? hah needs some tlc. i emailed the landlord and have full confirmation to move forward with painting the cabinets white. some pretty marble shelves above the stove for spice storage and this will come together in no time.

THE BEDROOM
as seen from the front entryway - bed will be on that wall straight ahead. corridor doorway seen on the left.

looking back at the entryway. closet door on the left.

looking through the lil carrie bradshaw closet/corridor to the bathroom.

bedroom/bathroom corridor with built-in storage and vanity. or as i like to call it, my dressing room.

the bathroom - love the tile.

and the floorplan to help make sense of it all! (not to scale)

the pups and i are all settled in in large part thanks to redi-box, i was 95% unpacked and set up within 24 hours of arriving sunday night. you rent plastic moving boxes, they drop them off at one house, then pick them up a week later at your new location. redi-box is only in chicago and the surrounding suburbs, but most major cities have similar companies.

i cannot tell you how happy i am already. this apartment is beyond perfect for me. it's charming, cozy, and all my own. i cannot wait to decorate this lil nugget. and the neighborhood... i feel like i'm in fairytaleland. beautiful brownstones, armitage ave shopping, lincoln park restaurants, two el lines, and parks all in walking distance, and trees galore! i feel so... home.

i'll have plenty of photos documenting the move and the settling in phase, showing how i decided on furniture arrangement and what not. but you can catch a lot of sneak peeks if you follow my instagram: @alainakaz!

23 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I especially love your little corridor/dressing room/vanity space. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It has tons of character! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! i cannot wait to see what you do with it! i love your little carrie closet! you have so much closet space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE it! I can't wait to see how you decorate it, I know it will be amazing! And a Carrie Bradshaw closet!! Too perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I'm obsessed with all of the Carrie Bradshaw touches and that gorgeous neighborhood. I can't wait to see how you decorate everything!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this! I'm so excited for you! I'm moving to Chicago in the next few months and looking to rent in the Lincoln Park neighborhood as well! Are these cute types of apartments hard to find? And if it's not too awkward to answer...what is the typical price range?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YA YA YA! I can't wait to see more in the upcoming months! I follow on instagram, but it was great to see a full set of "Before" pics. I hope you get to paint (the walls) that's about the only thing you haven't mentioned yet and I do believe these walls need some good color (grey/pink/fresh coat of white)! Excited for you! I know you're happy to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a quaint space...and the neighborhood looks amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Alaina, it's so cute and I can't wait to see what you do. I'm moving too and need your ideas! Please post lots and lots of pictures :) you can't post too many!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the place is so charming! can't wait to see what you do with the place :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait to watch this space come together. i have no doubt you will make it absolutely spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for you Lainieee :). This is perfect for you and it already looks stellar. I am SO SO excited to stay abreast of all the progress! hahaha. love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Your new apartment looks beautiful and very cozy! You're lucky that you can approach your landlord about painting cabinets and such... I wish mine would be as open minded. She doesn't realize we'd be doing her a huge favor. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your place is adorable. Love the archways, bathroom tile and built-in storage. Excited to see the transformation that will take place with your great taste and creativity. Living alone is amazing!ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your decorating and am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous neighborhood. I am so so excited to see how you decorate, especially the kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much potential! Can't wait to see how you transform it. I'm like you, I have to unpack and settle in immediately or I feel like I'm in chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband and I are in the process of selling our house and moving into an apt while we build a house. I'm excited to see what you do with your new space as I gain momentum for decorating an apt or other small space of our own!
    http://erinstaussdesign.co/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your home!
    Specially the closet :)
    Congrats on a great blog, I love it!
    I just followed you on bloglovin, and I'm checking out your older posts. I'm a huge fan!

    If you can, check out La Dolce Moda and if you like I'd be so honored if you follow :)

    Francesca
    La Dolce Moda

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG you have a carrie bradshaw closet/corridor!! Love it, it has always been my dream! Enjoy Alaiana, can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to see what you do with the space! My husband and I just moved into a new place with a similar kitchen that I'm currently giving some major TLC too!

    xo,

    Alyssa
    Runway Chef

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the little corridor! It reminds me of Carrie's apartment in SATC.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I look forward to seeing what you do with this place... It reminds me a lot of my current apartment so I think I will get some good ideas! I had to do some similar updates (painting awful kitchen cupboards). Can't wait to follow along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin