Wednesday, January 8, 2014

10% Sale on Joss and Main Today!

I may or may not have acquired a few new pieces.


I picked up the gold lamps in the Bright Ideas lamp sale and the leopard print Martha Stewart rug in the Safavieh rug sale! Tacky or fabulous? I'm gonna go with the latter. Adding a bit of ladyglam to my lady apartment. Not really sure where the lamps will go (you get two lamps for $162 by the way). Probably the entryway and/or the bar and/or my desk. We'll see. They really work anywhere in my place. As for the rug, I recently got a tiny 2x3 area rug for my dressing room/hallway, but it got dirty in approximately 10 minutes. White just isn't practical with dogs. I desperately need to switch it out with something that will better hide paw prints. Animal print should do the trick. This is also the perfect size. My current white and black area rug is 2x3 and it's just too small for the hallway; this new one is 2'6" by 4–perfect!

Not a Joss and Main member? Sign up! Use code SORRY10 at check-out for the discount! There are a ton of great sales going on right now.


In other news, remember several weeks ago I pinky promised I'd be posting more? And then completely dropped the ball? Yeah. A few of you called me out on it. Rightly so. I don't know why... whether it's the cold, the holidays, the workload, the wanting to relax in the evenings with my friends, family, puppies, the wanting to do nothing at all, the lack of inspiration, the fact that I post apartment updates on Instagram, the cyber bullies lurking in the shadows, or - spoiler alert - all of it, I've just not felt the desire to blog much over the past couple of months. The real reason I started the blog in the first place was to find inspiration for my dream job. "Live creating myself." Write about all the things I loved in hope that what I should do with my life would reveal itself. And it has with The Everygirl! Sure it might not pay great and the hours aren't ideal, but it's truly my dream job and I feel so lucky it's what I get to wake up and do every morning. And there are so many ways I want to improve it and grow it. It's where I'd rather put my energy. And when my energy isn't going into my work, it's going into my family and friends.

So what does that mean for LCY? Has it served its purpose? Is it time to close up shop here? I don't know. I absolutely still enjoy documenting my decorating trials. And I like sharing news updates and exciting things going on in my life and the lives of those around me (when they allow me to share it). And I love love love hearing from readers; whether you write asking for advice or giving input about my place. How can you walk away from something that still brings you joy? You shouldn't.

So for now I guess we'll keep on like this. I do apologize that I'm not as reliable as I once was. But I appreciate those of you who have stuck it out!

Until next time... : )

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand you! You need to do what feels the best for you, and we will be here to read you when you decide you want to come here too!! I admire you for following your dream!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you lady! Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it, then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody. ..i stole that quote from somewhere! Ha!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to pop in and comment, since I am on your site all the time. I have really loved reading all your posts about decorating - it has inspired me a ton while I decorate my new Chicago apartment. I'm also going to be buying some prints from The Everygirl for my walls! Just wanted to comment since I understand where you are coming from in your post- just wanted to let you know that you have people who enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin