Friday, February 14, 2014

Ladyplace: My New Yellow Sofa!

Just like I always wanted!

Like my favorite living room ever (that of one Jenna Lyons).

Well, ok I didn't really get a new couch. But I had a lot of fun in photoshop the other night.

Playing around with different colors to see what it would be like with say... a delicious green velvet couch?

Or pink to really make it a lady apartment?!

But no... here's what my place currently looks like.
Not too shabby if you ask me!

But I sometimes wonder if it would be better with a much lighter color couch. Softer. More ladylike.

Or dare I say a white couch?

No, Alaina. You have dogs. Don't be ridiculous.

What say you? Stick with the the dark grey? Or slipcover it? Pottery Barn has some great light options for the Carlisle couch.

Happy weekend all!

16 comments:

  1. Beige looks good! But the white one brightens up the room even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that the yellow really adds interest, but you might get tired of it after awhile. I would add some bright yellow pillows for spring. ;) Happy Love Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the grey is great but the lighter shade is even better. Bright colors are so fun to dream about but I would get sick of a green couch fast!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on pink, but it looks really good in your living room! Especially because it ties into the pillow on your chair.

    I like green as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you thought about asking Pottery Barn if they would refill/restuff the seat pillows. They look a little deflated. I think if they retained their true lines; the fullness would give your place a pop.

    If you don't think you will get sick of bold colors. I would go with either the green or pink. If you ever buy a place, the brightly colored sofa could always be used in sitting or dress room...You also could always go back to the grey if you the color drives you crazy. Wonders of slipcovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the idea of a slipcover! the pink is pretty but if you are like me, you will get over it so fast! i think white would be nice! you would just have to wash it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need a yellow couch, but it's fine if you can live without it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally got me. My eyes went gaga for that yellow version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all fun, but love the yellow and pink versions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yellow!! Have you thought about a navy velvet couch? Could be a good dark option with dogs!

    hammerandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally, I love the yellow. It really makes the already lovely room more unique.

    www.bonjourdin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly the yellow just makes the whole room sing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say get more than one slipcover? One in a fun bright shade (like the yellow or pink!) and one in a lighter neutral like the pale gray!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin