Thursday, June 17, 2010

Junk Lamp Makeover

I saw this great ugly duckling story over on the Lettered Cottage and had to share it with all of you!

Layla found this awful milk jug lamp at a yard sale a year ago and hadn't done anything with it until recently. Now I LOVE a good DIY project, and I don't think even I could've seen hope in this unfortunate piece.

But Layla did. When she finally removed the ship sticker (fortunately it was a sticker and not permanently attached to the lamp), she found the words "Mitchell Dairy Co., Bridgeport CT 63" engraved into the base. She spray painted it using Rustoleum's "Heirloom White" and used an eyeshadow sponge applicator and some brown eyeshadow to darken the engraving.

Add some new fabric and jute trim to the shade...

...and ta da! Look at her new shabby chic lamp! For a grand total of $30!

Hopefully I'll find something similar at the Randolph Street Market this weekend and have an equally exciting makeover story to share with all you.

5 comments:

  1. OH soo creative. I love it!

    www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... how wonderful... and ten times more so because of the writing under the sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a chic makeover — I adore the turnout!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin