Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rue Magazine launching September 2010!



Words cannot describe my excitement in finally getting to reveal the up-and-coming Rue Magazine. The French word for street, Rue will be your pathway to stylish living, featuring interiors and entertaining content with a strong fashion and lifestyle sensibility. The premiere issue will debut on September 16 and will include spreads featuring acclaimed interiors experts, fashion designers, and of course, style bloggers, from around the world.

I am so humbled and appreciative that Crystal Gentilello, the founder and editor in chief of Rue, asked me to join the team as co-founder and managing editor. Over the past month, I've spent many hours and insanely long email chains discussing the ins and outs of the new magazine with executive editor and co-founder Anne Sage, market editor Caitlin Flemming, and of course, Crystal. You might remember me tweeting about a certain photo shoot last weekend. Making sense now? : )

Well, let me tell you, the bar has been set high. In fact, Anne and Crystal flew to New York last night to begin work on three shoots over the course of this week. They'll be working with photographers who have shot for Domino, Traditional Home, and the New York Times.

Be sure to follow them around Manhattan as they Tweet about their stylish adventures!

While you're anxiously awaiting for September 16, you can receive updates on Twitter and by signing up for our mailing list on the newly launched Rue Mag website, www.ruemag.com! So spread the word! Come one, come all!

And heck, since you're already at your desk (or in bed), fan us on Facebook! I promise you won't regret it.

photography via

21 comments:

  1. So exciting! I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news and a fabulous team! I just know great things are in store FOR you guys and just as many beautiful things are to come FROM you guys. Can't wait!! xo Marija

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting Alaina! Best of luck with this new adventure. It looks fabulous. I'll be marking September 16th on my calendar!

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is so awesome!!! I can't wait to check out the first issue, especially since you have such a great sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thrilled for y'all that things are movin', can't wait to see the first issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I heart you! Exciting!!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of this! Already subscribed to your mailling list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the big news is out! It was fun meeting you at the SG/Buckingham ID party. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Alaina, that is so exciting!!! Best of luck on new endeavors, I can't wait to read the first issue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. exciting!!!! it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I love the promo. Looking forward to seeing Rue Magazine in Sept

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for you...what a fantastic opportunity! Can't wait to see the first issue. I know it will be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there, I just wrote about you magazine launch over at my blog. http://theshinypebble.blogspot.com/2010/06/and-now-break-from-our-regularly.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure it's going to be great. Looking forward to issue #1!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congratulations Alaina, can't wait to see it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Huge congrats Alaina! I can't wait to see what you gals do!!

    Best of luck for enormous success!!!

    xoxo,
    Tobi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on this fantastic adventure. The road ahead (xuse the pun!) is exciting indeed and I can't wait to see what you girls have cooked up for the world.

    I am needless to say already a Facebook fan and newsletter subscriber.

    Good luck with it all and thank you!

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing! Best of luck on this exciting new venture, and can't wait to see the first issue! Somehow just know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a promising venture! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin