Thursday, June 24, 2010

LCY presents: "Peppermint Bliss" based on the true story of Bailey Quin.

This week I am so pleased to feature another (new) Chicagoan in the LCY presents series! Bailey of Peppermint Bliss is here to share with us a bit about what the movie of her life would be like. Fun, yes? I can pretty much guarantee this biopic would be one heck of a romantic comedy - one to last the decades given the personality her and her fiancé bring to the table. See, I've known Pete since 6th grade, and he met Bailey freshman year in college; they got engaged, moved back to Chicago last summer, and now Miss B and I have become good friends given all our common interests (hello blogging!). Anyway, I don't want to spoil everything, so I'll let Bailey take it from here...


1. Who would play you in the movie about your life and why?

Jamie Lyn Sigler, because that is who I am told I look like most often. I am mostly sure it is just flattery. But on occasion, after a few cocktails, I believe it. I cannot attest to her acting abilities, but I do think she is a babe.


2. Who would play your love interest and/or best friend in the movie and why?

I think my movie would be a love story, and Pete (my fiancé) would be played by Seth Meyers (From SNL) based on appearance/overall demeanor. Or Bradley Cooper cause I wanna lick his face.




ON LOCATION
3. Where does the movie primarily take place and why?

This is just impossible. Pete and I have been together for six years and have lived in DC (together), New Orleans and Austin (apart), Houston (together) and now, finally, Chicago (together) over the course of our relationship. I think Wes Anderson would have to direct it, and each city would be its own chapter. He would use those fabulous dioramas, and make us seem wickedly funny. Plus I’d finally get that hipster cred I so crave; which would be nice since Pete has refused my requests for him to grow an ironic mustache (surefire ticket into hipster hearts).



4. Where do you go in the vacation scene that inevitably
takes place in every movie?

I think our flitting about the country like a pair of drunken gypsies is enough travel for one film. Although…you COULD do a little Crossroads style roadtrip music video tracking our moves. In fact, can I go back and recast Britney in my role? Because I love her. And if she were to play me I would require her to get a decent weave and wear a bra- which would cross a major item off of my to-do list.


COSTUME DESIGN
5. The first scene is a shot of your feet walking down a street - what shoes are you wearing?Add Image

My Old Gringos cowboy boots. I am probably wearing them in every scene. Think Steve Zisou and the red hat.!


6. What are some key wardrobe pieces you'd insist your character wear?


My character would only wear dresses. I am proud to say I made it through a Chicago winter without AN singular pant (save jeans) gracing my big ol’ thighs. It wasn’t easy. Chicago tried to test my resolve with its bullsh*t wind and snow. But I survived, armed with only some spanx tights and a good attitude. I am vehemently anti-pants. Dresses are just way more fun.

MEDIA
7. What song plays during the opening credits?

Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. My new favorite tune. It has this quirky old school Prairie Home Companion vibe to it, and I think the words would be perfect “Home, let me come home! Home is wherever I’m with you."


8. What section of Netflix will the DVD be filed under: Action and Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Musical, Romance?
Comedy. Peter S. Pie and I are truly, madly, deeply ridiculous human beings. I just cannot think of anyway to categorize our story without leading views astray.

9. How big a role does your blog, Peppermint Bliss, play in the movie?

Everytime I go to answer this question I imagine the scene from Royal Tenenbaums when Owen Wilson is being interviewed about his latest novella and he goes, “Well everyone knows that Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book PRE-SUPPOSES is…Maybe he didn’t?” I think I sound about as ridiculous as that when I try to talk seriously to people about my blog.



10. What is the name of the movie and its tagline?

And for the name of our movie...I still don't know! The only thing that keeps popping into my head is Home. As in "Home is Wherever I'm With You." As in our theme song. Because Pete and I have moved nearly 10 times in our 6 years together. He is my constant, wherever I am, if I can snuggle up in his nook, then I am Home. I likey him. Ok, now I am done being sincere, unless any movie execs are reading this. In that case I sincerely think you should consider making this movie. I smell Oscar.

Alaina, thank you so much for letting me participate, this was seriously SO much fun. I have loved reading everyone's, and I am just dying to see yours!
xoxo
BQ
-----

As always, thank you so so much, Bailey, for taking the time to do this! So much fun to imagine your movie.

13 comments:

  1. Love your blog, read it everyday!

    I can't find the red and white striped dress on netaporter.com...

    do you have the link???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Hilarious as always, Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, such a fun idea! Love it! I am your newest follower, glad I found your blog!

    XXOO

    If you have a moment, pop on over to my blog. Im hosting a fab dress giveaway! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life w/ Pete would make a perfect movie! I definitely smell Oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through Sogni E Sorrisi, and I love it! I'm so into that Edward Sharpe song -- it would make such a beautiful wedding song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old Gringos are a wardrobe staple for me, too. I should probably have all three pair resoled by now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally watch this movie, and I have a hard time sitting down for two hours straight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your sweet comments, and again to Alaina for having me participate!
    Anon: I did this post awhile back and I don't think that dress is available on net-a-porter anymore. Sads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bailey's humor is always so refreshing. How she comes up with this stuff, I don't know. But I love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin