Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cue Makeover Montage Scene


What's yellow, grey, and sparkly all over? The new LCY!

You may have noticed your favorite blog got a makeover. No no, don't click over to your favorite blog. That's just mean. I am talking about this blog! My sister told me I needed to go bigger and better with my blog header. (Thanks, a lot, sis.) Of course, I liked my previous header. But I can't think of a time in my life when I didn't take my big sister's advice. After all, sisters never lie. So, I thought about what she said... and this is how I responded.

(Cut to readers' eyes darting around the website, taking in the new design. Audible chorus of oohing and aahing follows.)

Thoughts?!

All jokes aside, if you really like what you see, the good news is that I offer my graphic design services at a ridiculously good price! You can buy graphics a la carte or as a package. In addition to custom header designs, other features include a variety of blogger essentials:

Facebook fan page icons/logos

Twitter backgrounds

business cards
(Ask any blogger who was in NYC this week - these are VERY helpful! Networking, people! Rome was not built in a day, and neither is a blog.)

-------

I also offer logos, buttons, Etsy headers... you name it - Photoshop, Illustrator and I can do it.

The process is as collaborative as you want it to be. Send me a zip file of inspiration images to work from, or tell me your favorite color and I'll run with it.

-------

I'm not going to lie - makeovers are fun!
You get all sorts of compliments:

CrystalG_: in love with @LCYblog 's new blog design! you can never go wrong with sparkles!

caitlinflemming:
@LCYblog LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new blog design! It's 100000% you!

ECmothdesign: @LCYblog SWEET new look!

apartment_34: Can't wait to see!! @LCYblog @thelovelist @jillsaks @jntinteriors @kelleylmoore

justagirlLaura: @LCYblog I LOVE it! I can't get over the header -- it's fantastic!

ReFreshDesign: @LCYblog Love your new blog look!

samanthadenette: @LCYblog Love the new look! It's so happy and fresh!

nikkirap: Best tweet ever. RT @kelleylmoore: @LCYblog I LOVE SPARKLES.

kelleylmoore: 
@LCYblog I LOVE SPARKLES.

jntinteriors: 


@LCYblog Looks great!

maggieroseblog: 


@LCYblog Ooh love it!

TheLoveList: 


@LCYblog Yellow! SO fresh!

JillSaks: @LCYblog Love the new blog makeover. It is perfect!

-------

E-mail me for prices!
alaina.lcy@gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. very cool! Love it!

    -older sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I L-O-V-E it! when I decide to change mine Ill email you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving your new identity! As a graphic designer myself, I know how big a deal it is to recreate work for yourself! I really love how you incorporated the glitzy texture while maintaining a very graphic feel with the type-- love. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say I love the sequins? Something about sparkly things get me every time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm in your post! Seriously though, I LOVE the redesign. I've always wanted to ask you if you offered up your design expertise, but I figured you were too busy with Rue. I love your style and will definitely be in touch sooner rather than later! [I have a wedding to get through first -- not mine. But you know, showers, bachelorettes, hotel rooms, gifts -- it all adds up.]
    Sorry for the novel of a comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it... and if I haven't directly said it...

    CONGRATULATIONS on having a dream come true (with Rue, that is:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the updated and edgy look. I will definitely be e-mailing you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new look is so vibrant and matches your warm and sparkling personality. Such fun!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is quite a change ~ It all seems very you, and I do like the sparkles and switch to white background ~ well done! xo

    ps ~ City Girl Chicago is having a terrific home design give-away this week ~ I thought you and your readers may like to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How on earth did you have time to do this?

    (love it, goes without saying!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. L.O.V.E it Alaina!!!!
    Anything with sequins & yellow & im impressed! Love the business cards too - i have just sent my new ones to the printer today & you have made me realise maybe i should have put my blog on them!!! noooooooo
    oh well...next run i will..note to self!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loooooove it. Can't wait until I am officially "LCY'd"...I know I know I am getting on it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look!

    If you don't mind me asking...did you use Century Gothic as the font for the line that says "a lifestyle blog by Alaina Kaczmarski"?

    I've been looking for a nice, crisp font!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great! A total refresh, open, light, bright and airy. love

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!Cute Color combo as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the makeover looks FABULOUS! one of my most favorite color combinations is yellow and gray.. and with a little dash of sequins - you can't go wrong! xo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin