Monday, September 20, 2010

A Dream Come Rue

Where to begin.

For starters, my art is in a magazine (above). Second, my feature articles are in a magazine. Third, my name is on the masthead of a magazine. What?!?!!? Am I dreaming???

I am sure most of you are aware that Rue Magazine launched last Thursday. It's the reason I have been MIA since Tuesday, and will continue to be again for a few days. I can't help it. I am pretty much living a baller lifestyle in NYC. Fashion shows, photo shoots, dinner parties, launch parties, tv tapings, blogger meet-ups, dinners in Chelsea, shopping in Soho... seriously. Am I dreaming?!?!

I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support. The sweet comments on Facebook, Twitter, your blogs, and our blogs, mean the world to the entire Rue team. We couldn't be here without you.

So in my absence over the next couple of days - which will be followed by a full photographic recap of my week in New York (including cameos by some of your favorite bloggers) - please take the time to flip through Rue. Read the stories. They are funny and interesting. Study the photos. They are beautiful and inspiring. And heck - click through a link and buy yourself a lil' somethin' somethin'! Our advertisers will love you for it.

And here are a few of my favorite images, from the pages of Rue...

And finally, co-creator of Glee, Ian Brennan, proving that all men should wear vests.

21 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear about all the wonderful things that you are involved with...will look forward to the New York photos. May the good times continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting is that! It must feel like a dream. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your successes! I love your art featured in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So excited for you and your blossoming career. Isn't NYC amazing?

    I loved the premiere issue of Rue Magazine and all the fabulous articles and inspiring photos. Looking forward to future issues :)

    Take Care,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you are amazing my darling, Ill never get tired of saying it, Im so so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! i'm sure your sister is so proud of you... as we all are! i'm loving rue by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! As a graphic designer with a love for interiors myself, I must say- Rue is beautifully designed! Great job! This is definitely the time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rue was worth the wait! Congrats on doing what you love and loving what you do. It shows! See you in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! The premier issue was fab! Enjoy every minute of it and looking forward to seeing a photo recap of the NYC trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, you are on quite a roll, girlie! Congrats on all of your successes. I can't wait to hear/see all about your adventures in NY this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The highlight of my weekend was reading Rue- Love it!

    Have a wonderful time in NYC- enjoy the celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The magazine was just FABULOUS! Congrats on all of your hard work paying off. Now keep it comin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so so fun to meet you! Enjoy the rest of your time in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your success! This is really great news and it's so good to see good things happen to good people! I love your blog! You have a new follower. Take a peak at my blog if you get a chance!

    -Amy
    www.amybirdtweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've only been readying LCY since the announcement of Rue (although I don't know how I had missed it before, as your etsy shop had been one of my "favorites" for a while). But I am SO happy for you and the success of the magazine! What a wonderful experience and it's so refreshing to hear some who is grateful and amazed at her success - but you earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! Very exciting! What's that saying... It never rains, it pours. Congratulations! :) Erica

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super exciting. I discovered you through Helena and have already been flipping through Rue this week. Love the magazine and glad to be following now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations again! I'm still discovering all the little details and soaking in the inspiration from Rue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats again, Alaina, and enjoy this amazing time!

    On the subject of vests...I'm having a really hard time imaginging M in one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi There! Love your blog, and this yellow couch is to die for! My blog's most recent post features your European prints! They look fab in my living room! Check it out at http://ablushingoccasion.onsugar.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin