Friday, March 30, 2012

90% of what I know about design, I learned from my mom.

Last weekend, I had the privilege of working with my mom on a photo shoot for The Everygirl. Danielle and I wanted to create a handbook for everygirls on properly setting a table. Growing up with regular "fancy" meals on birthdays, holidays, and pretty much every Sunday, I immediately knew who to turn to for this project. It's no secret my mom knows a thing or two about setting a lovely table and throwing a charming party...

from baby showers...



She's done it all. So styling three places settings - one for brunch, one for an informal dinner, and one for a traditional formal meal - was a cinch. I love them all, especially the color from the brunch place settings.


Today we are featuring a Get the Look follow-up to yesterday's feature, detailing prices and sources for recreating the place settings in your home!

Oh, and if you're wondering about the post title, the other 10% I learned from Bailey McCarthy and Erin Gates.

6 comments:

  1. I love this post! Your mom and you are both so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post! I have never been one to be on top of as many details for entertaining but look forward to certainly learning more!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is obvious where you get your styling from. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect post to cover all things parties. I will most definitely be referring back to the table setting~ thanks for the labels for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table setting! I know the basics, like what goes where, but I love how you (and your mom) branched out with the decor, chargers, and accessories. I'm now following you, hoping to get some more great ideas!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I haven't had my chance yet to host a party or set the table, but I'm slowly learning and I love your photos. So inspiring! I'll have to refer to your post again when I get my chance!

    - Milynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin