Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LCY Listens: Daughter

It's been a while since I've done a music post... and I've had so many good songs to share! First up is Daughter - soft soulful voice, lovely guitar strumming, and heart-wrenching lyrics. My kind of stuff. No surprise The Vampire Diaries used her song Medicine in one of their more recent episodes. Oh, how I love the CW.

Song:
Medicine

Noteworthy lyrics:
You could still be,
what you want to.
What you said you were,
when I met you.
when you met me.
when I met you.

Song:
Youth

Noteworthy Lyrics:
We are the reckless,
We are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures.

- and -

And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one,
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone.
Setting fire to our insides for fun,
To distract our hearts from ever missing them.

Song:
Run

Noteworthy Lyrics:
So we lay in the dark
'Cause we've got nothing to say
Just the beating of hearts like two drums in the grey


See more LCY Listens posts here!


5 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of Daughter for a bit now, love that you shared them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed these posts! I always find a new artist to fall in love with, and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of Daughter before but did just download their Wild Youth EP based on listening to these clips. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember hearing "Medicine" on The Vampire Diaries! Such a good song. Now I definitely need to download it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not going to lie, i may have just spent the last hour listening to these over and over. and then bought it on itunes. thanks for the new tunes! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin