Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I'm Wearing to New York Fashion Week

So I don't think I've told all of you the amazing news. I am on my way to New York Fashion Week! Danielle and I were invited to attend the RewardStyle/ASOS party on Saturday night on behalf of The Everygirl, and we of course RSVPed yes before we even realizing it was fashion week! So naturally, once we came to our senses, we started reaching out to friends and colleagues to try and schedule meetings, photo shoots for The Everygirl, and maybe even attend a few shows!

We have quite the line-up over the next few days, including...
- dinners with Erin, Taylor, Dallas, a friend from Kate Spade and ElleDecor.com, our dear friend Jenna Fain from LookTV, Liz, Mackenzie, Molly and Sally, and Bradley. Three separate meals. Whoa.
- BCBG fashion show
- Kate Spade fashion show
- Herve Leger fashion show
- Tracy Reese fashion show (remember I wore a Tracy Reese dress to our BHLDN event? And Mrs. Michelle Obama just wore TR to the DNC!)
- RewardStyle/ASOS partay
- a trip to the corporate offices of West Elm to meet and photograph the creative director, Vanessa Holden
- a trip to the Ali Ro offices to photographer the head designer, Kathleen McFeeters
- not to mention we'll be staying at the lovely and centrally located Affinia Hotel in Midtown (chic and budget-friendly! - and quite a step up from the vacant family friend's apartment we stayed in on our last trip!)

It's all a bit much to take in. Exciting and surreal. I've kind of been freaking out the past few days because it really hit me. The whole I am not fashionable thing set in. I realize I won't hold a candle to anyone catwalking around the streets of trendy NYC during fashion week. I don't own a ton of knock-out dresses that haven't already been seen time and time again. But I've looked over my wardrobe a few times now and realized I can make what I have work. I'm looking to my girl Viviana for some inspiration...

Sleek trousers, colorful blouses, fitted blazers, and rockin' accessories. That's my plan. Nothing too out there. If Viviana can get away with it, I can too.

Here are a few looks I've put together for my time there...



white pumps | coach clutch

Plenty of great Two Penny Blue and Banana Republic staples, a new Ali Ro dress and colorful Coach bags, a sleek Blair Ritchey clutch, and I'm good to go.

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. can't wait to live vicariously through you ladies! have so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip sounds amazing! I knew you were going but I had no idea you had THAT many evnents and dinners and shoots planned! I agree with Diane - I plan to live vicariously through you and Danielle these next few days. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is all I can say. You have quite the line up of shows, meetings, meals, etc. Your outfits are tres chic and perfect. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these looks, have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great looks! What a fantastically exciting adventure! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear all about it!


    thelifeofclare.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so jealous of everyone attending NYFW -- and you guys have quite the line up to attend to! Have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin