Friday, August 30, 2013

LCY Listens: New Mumford!(?)

I've said it once before, and I'll say it again. Mumford and Sons are my Beatles. I love their music more than any other artist ever (including Dave) and I love it all. Not one song I don't like. Plus they seem like the coolest dudes ever. Vests and all. My only complaint is that they don't do enough love songs. White Blank Page is a top three for me (along w/ Below My Feet and Where Are You Now?).

So to my delight, I was on youtube and saw this song - "Hold On To What You Believe" - in the recommended videos. I don't know where this song came from or why, but I'm glad it exists. It's not on either of Mumford's albums... apparently it's from an EP(?) - Love Your Ground. (Clearly I'm well versed in the music industry lingo.)

Doesn't matter. It's amazing. And it's a love song w/ great lyrics. At least, from what I was picking up they were great. I couldn't find the official lyrics anywhere so I took it upon myself to transcribe them.
You're welcome!

CORRECTION: I just saw this video was posted in 2010. So new, it is not. But it's new to me!


i cant promise you that i wont let you down
and i cant promise you that i will be the only one around
when your hope falls down

but we're young
holding flowers in the windy field of this war-torn world
and love
this city breeds the plague of loving things more than the creators

i ran away
i could not take the burden of both me and you
it was too fast
casting love on me as if it were a spell i could not break
when it was a promise i could not make 

what if i was wrong
what if i was wrong
what if i was wrong

but hold on to what you believe
in the night when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight
and oh hold on to what you believe
in the night when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight

and now this land means less and less to me without you breathing through its trees
at every turn the water runs away from me
and the halo disappears
i'm not whole when you're not near

so what if i was wrong
what if i was wrong
oh, what if i was wrong

but hold on to what you believe
in the night when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight
and oh hold on to what you believe
in the night when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight

so hold on to what you believe in the night

8 comments:

  1. Love this song! Just out of curiousity - who is Dave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should listen to the mumford & sons pandora more! this comes up all the time - such a great one! I love their music so much. I saw them live at SNL which was incredible but am dying to see them in concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just going to say it is on pandora quite often! good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSSSSSSSSS Alaina I love this!

    Seeing Mumford live was one of my favorite experiences

    ReplyDelete
  5. I randomly came across this song sometime last year myself - it's my absolute fave M&S song (White Blank Page being second)! Please tell me you've seen the Hopeless Wanderer video. I have watched it more times than I care to admit - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great song! I love that you love Mumford as much as I do!! :)
    xo,
    Lauren
    www.lakeshorelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I Love Mumford and Sons too....hope I get to see them live sometime.
    Being of a slightly older generation, the concept of an EP-Extended Player, is quite familiar to me. In the UK, EP's usually featured four tracks and had a running time of 25 minutes. According to Wikipedia, more recently they are popular with Indie bands. This link has a good history of the EP concept http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play.
    Thanks for a great blog..really look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's on the Deluxe Companion Album. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin