Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Andrea's Wedding: The Big Day!


You've been following along for the past few months, and I am so pleased to finally show off the fruits of our labor in planning a budget-friendly, backyard beach wedding (in under three months). This past weekend, we ventured to the western shore of Michigan in celebration of Andrea and Paul's nuptials. There were 19 people total, and the day could not have been more beautiful. Seriously. It was 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky. I really don't think the photos need comments; they kind of tell their own story.

There are, however, a few items of note I'd like to point out.
1. Yes - I am wearing THE SAME dress I wore to the Martha's Vineyard wedding last month. The zipper on the dress I was supposed to wear broke as we were getting ready, and I had to call in this back-up. Good thing I love me some yellow.
2. The photographer you see a few shots down, who is also wearing yellow, is the one and only Alicia Bock. She is my favorite photographer. I found her through blogging, and she even came with a polaroid camera. She was a delight to have there, and I cannot wait to see her photos!
3. If you have questions about sources or anything, I first encourage you to search through LCY. I'm guessing it's here somewhere, including information on the wedding attire, the bamboo flatware, the twinkle lights, and the centerpieces.


And now for a few glamour shots...

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I followed this from the very beginning. You all look so very happy. The pictures you have shown are one of a kind. The flowers WOW!!! Andrea selected the favorite dress I thought she would wear. The view WOW!!! The groom looked great also; everyone looked great!!! Thank you for sharing and I'll definitely keep these ideas for my daughter's wedding some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything looks amazing! Great job on such a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those pink flip flops! Everything looks amazing and yellow is clearly your color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sissy looks gorgeous, the tables with the bamboo place settings and the blue glass are perfect...and those string lights...adore them. Congrats, to you and the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your fam! What a perfect beach wedding, beautiful. Loving the yellow dress Alaina! Also adorable sailboat cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely location and everything looks so pretty, you all look like you were having a great time and your sister and her hubby look blissfully content! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING! This is exactly how I want my wedding to be, no joke. on the beach in whitehall, MI, with no more than twenty of my nearest and dearest in attendance..
    where in western, MI did your sister get married?

    great work, ms. alaina! you must be very proud :)

    xx fallon

    ReplyDelete
  9. where did your sister get her shoes?!?!!? i'm in love with them! please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sosososoosososoososoooooooo pretty! Congrats to the new couple and their families! Loved all the details, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. first of al congratulations to Andrea! she is a gorgeous bride!! and to you too Alaina for putting this amazing wedding together, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love! Great job Alaina! And Alicia Bock did the photography...ahhhh amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww you did such a great job! Your sister looks gorgeous, congrats to them! Love how it turned out, nice work in 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not to repeat what the others have shared, but you really did an amazing job striking the perfect balance between relaxed/casual and formal/sophisticated. It is very clear that every minor and major detail was covered (to a 'T') and I'm envious of your sister for having such close connections with such TALENT (meaning you...in case you didn't know:).

    ~~~ And the photos?? Absolutely captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wedding, it looks so relaxed and intimate with just close family & friends. I've been to too many weddings with so much POMP that the bride looks exhausted and stressed when the day comes, but your sister looks HAPPY =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful wedding and reception! And I looove the dress your sister chose ~ it looks so gorgeous on her!

    Totally random question: What brand/style are the grayish, men's boat-type shoes in the picture of all of the shoes together? I have a feeling my future bro-in-law would like something similar for their upcoming nuptuals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was so wonderful to finally meet you all! I am still laughing about the sparklers!
    Photographs soon.... xoxo- A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The wedding was seriously beautiful. Your sister was a stunning bride. You did an amazing job with all of the details. A perfect beach wedding. I am a michigan lover.:) We go up to Leland. Love Love pure michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks beachy-chic ~ I love it! The sailboat cookies? Are you kidding me, how had I not thought of that before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot believe you guys put that together in 3 months! It looks amazing and like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey... i am jessie hoschs (now jessie broughton) little sister, who lived with andrea in college! i've been following you for awhile and thought i'd finally say hey! the wedding is absolutely gorgeous and andrea looks so so happy! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin