Monday, November 29, 2010

Feast Interruptus: Let's Talk Prep

I cannot get enough of this Tommy Hilfiger commercial, a minute-long video entitled Feast Interruptus. The uber-preppy styling of this campaign inspires me to no end when it comes to dressing and decorating for the cold, holiday season. Every time I watch it, some new charming or ingenious detail pops out at me. Behold...

As if the station wagon complete with wood paneling wasn't great enough, I spy an old wooden racket and vintage skies - two favorite pastimes of preps worldwide.

Navy, camel, and grey are three color staples in any prepster's closet. Sprinkle in saturated primary accents - reds and yellows and plaid for good measure - and you've pretty much bought yourself admission to Groton.

Sweat headband corralling an abundance of moppy curls? How very Richie Tenenbaum of you, Hilfiger stylists.

I can't decide who I love more: the Candace Bergen look-alike being carried around sedan-chair style or the cutie with the glasses and the toggle coat. Tricky...

Instead of a traditional tablecloth, layer plaid blankets across the dining table. [Logging that into long-term memory for use at a later date.]

Navy and gold-trimmed china paired with monogrammed napkin rings a preppy place setting make.

So young, yet so cool. Not fair. On another note, what's with the fingerless gloves? I've been seeing these everywhere, and quite frankly, I don't get it.

So many turtlenecks, fitted blazers, oversized sunglasses, and plaid! Styling at its best. Then there's the candelabras... can't forget to mention the candelabras!

Scarves look so great on guys. Make sure the men in your life are accessorizing properly this chilly season, and get them a cute scarf (whether they want one or not).

There's that cool child again... love her little barrette. Another nod to the Tenenbaums, I think.

And here it is for your viewing pleasure! Did you spot any other great details that I missed?

12 comments:

  1. I love that you posted about this commercial... it's fabulous. I love the styling- and it's so perfect for this time of year! Really makes me want to wear plaid and cardigans for the remainder of the cool season!

    abodelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this yet!! So cool. I actually luv the fingerless gloves tho :). It doesn't get so cold where i live so they're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the pupper drives away at the end. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this video! And I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw the Ad....the Tenenbaums :)

    www.thevaultfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming! And I'm with you on the fingerless gloves.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fingerless gloves are designed so that you can text your heart out no mater how cold the weather!
    That's my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean its a great commercial becaues when you screen cap it, its beautiful and could stand on its own in print. And the Vampire Weekend song makes it even better. But MOST of all it actually makes me want to wear Tommy Hilfiger, which I assure you I never thought of before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It catches my eye every time it comes on. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fabulous, can't wait to watch it! And the latest Rue is amazing, well done!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been loving this commercial,too, and I even stop fast-forwarding my TiVo when it comes on. I have to admit that I'm not sure I "get it" (or if there's even anything to get?) but it's entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingerless gloves...to show off well-manicured nails?
    Though they aren't practical for really cold days, I love them:)
    Cute commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! I didn't think I was a Tommy Hilfiger fan. Who knew?

    Fingerless gloves are for people that live in LA. Not Chicago. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin