Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Belle: Painting the Living Room

so the living room is coming along...

we tested out a few colors, some new, some old. of course we both loved dolphin fin the best, but considering the entirety of my last apartment was painted in that color, we agreed we should try something new.

our many test swatches including our winning choice: classic silver. it's amazing how many "greys" are actually shades of blue or green. all of the colors shown here are by behr at home depot.

i had to work saturday morning (everygirl photoshoot, no surprise). when i came home at 1pm with lunch, mike surprised me by having painted almost the entire living room. he's pretty amazing like that.

 before
very nice. but didn't feel like home.

after
ahh there it is. i think we can agree mike did a top-notch job. clearly that summer spent as a painter in high school did wonders. lucky me.

of course with the dark grey english roll arm sofa that is arriving in a month, i think the brown rug will have to be changed out. Considering a few West Elm options...


yep. that'll do, pig.

16 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I think the mini pebble wool will look fantastic with the new walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the color! Can't wait to see it as it comes together. Love the plans that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm considering painting my own bedroom walls a light silvery-gray, and this makes me want to paint even more!

    I vote either the Fair Isle or Mini Pebble rug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color so much! Wish I could paint my apartment walls. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH! Looks so so so so good! Why are you not decorating apartments for a living?! In addition to the Everygirl of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Alaina, my name is Angela Cunha, I'am a portuguese interior designer, and also a blogger, www.blancointeriores.blogspot.com, and as it turn out a true addict in grey. I have textured grey wallpaper all over my living room and I absolutly adore it!!! But its much more difficult when it comes to paint, because they dry really difrent, right? Mine is very similar, to Dolphin fin, and its great, not dark at all, and super cozy and ellegant. Grey is without a doubt THE best (well, white is too). Love Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. All beautiful colors! I do love dolphin fin, in fact you're last place inspired me to suggest it to my parent's for their home. Love what you went with.. looking forward to seeing it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! Looks perfect!

    Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alaina,
    That paint color is perfect for your space! It's so lovely against the white trim. I can't wait to see the finished room.
    And I love the Babe reference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour. My living room is also gray and I'm in the process of redecorating so I look forward to seeing your place unfold. Your new place is beautiful. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl once you move north you NEVER GO BACK. I lived at Foster/Kimball forever...it's lovely country. ENJOY! LOVE the space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. Your new home is looking fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great paint choices! Gray has to be the most soothing of colors.

    xo
    Alison
    heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Where is your coffee table from?

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I suggest the Jute Chenille Herringbone Rug from West Elm?
    It's very soft. And it does come in 2 colors. The darker one would hide dirt. The lighter one would be a nice contrast to the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great. Dolphin Fin was my choice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin