Monday, February 27, 2012

The Art of Styling an Entryway


I pinky swear promise Live Creating Yourself is not going anywhere and all of my posts will not revolve The Everygirl. But... some will. And because I absolutely adore today's feature, I wanted to share with you the fruits of our labor. Danielle and I spent way too long on what will be a recurring feature topic (How to Style...). Several weekends we spent running around Chicago, scooping up props to style three different entryways, one of which we had to re-shoot after deciding our first attempt was subpar. You'll notice the third image was actually shot in my own home! We just restyled it a bit - new lamp, mirror, rug, coat rack, etc.

So to learn the five simple steps that go into creating an organized and inviting entryway and to see more photos, click here! You can also click through all of the feature slideshows to buy the products you see in the different entryways!

All photographs via The Everygirl

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving The Everygirl and am going to link to it on my blog on Thursday. Thanks for such an amazing read. www.thelovelyowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this feature on The Everygirl today. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving The Everygirl! And... that striped tote is EXACTLY what I've been looking for in styling another area for my home. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, the layout of our apartment doesn't really lend itself to having an entry way. But I love the last picture, and I definitely think I could find a way to work a little table in by the door. Thanks for sharing! (And I LOVE the EveryGirl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the EveryGirl! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this feature! I especially love that all of the items are extremely budget friendly- I can actually buy a few pieces to spice up my own home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all look great! Too bad I have no space for an entryway. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these images and I'm loving the Everygirl! I only wish my apartment was big enough to feature an chic entryway like the ones featured here. That first entryway is absolute perfection!
    Natasha
    http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the first one - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need some branches with blossoms on it for a rectangle vase I have. I haven't been able to find I like just yet. Love the first photo...

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like Everygirl. And, hey, thanks for reminding me about pussy willows. They will look terrif on my piano!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great images...ideas...etc. wish i would have kept my disco ball!
    ~sara

    http://myfantasticdistractions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This feature could not have come at a better time, as I am putting the last few touches onto my own entryway (which I actually mentioned yesterday on my blog, http://rise-shine-repeat.blogspot.com). Thanks for the inspiration!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin