Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Corralling Catalogs

I saw these two rooms last week on Pure Style Home and Bright Bazaar's Facebook page and loved the simple organization technique of using an oversized bowl to corral magazines and catalogs.

It just so happens I own a large wooden bowl from West Elm that I had sitting on top of my fridge waiting to serve a purpose. And ever since seeing Carrie Bradshaw's collection of Vogues lining her entry hall, I haven't been able to throw an issue of my subscriptions out. So there are stacks of Elle, New York Magazine, and Travel and Leisure all over my office, living room, and bedroom floors. They needed a home. I gave them one.

And yes - there's a sneak peek of my new chevron rug from RugsUSA. It's fantastic in the small space.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Now I just need to find a big wooden bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baskets and stacks work well too! I can never bear to recycle a magazine. They're just to beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those clean, airy spaces--and your home office is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen both of those images before and somehow overlooked that! great idea.

    Also. Carrie's magazine collection. sa-woon. i vowed to never throw away another magazine, too, after i witnessed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea but i also really like my own wicker basket that helps to keep my magazines in check ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just unpacked the same rug...but mine is round :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!! I keep mine anywhere I can find a spot haha But I keep some of the prettiest out on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bedroom from the first pic, and I have a huge ceramic bowl that I bought in Kuala Lumpur where I have all my catalogs just as that first pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. modern with a touch of cozy. perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered the chevron rug for our second bedroom over the weekend thanks to your recommendation. It looks great in your office!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great idea. I have a wooden bowl and I had no idea what to do with it at the moment. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this idea! never would have thought to use a bowl as floor storage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that dog in the bed in the first image! SO cute. Ps. Love your new rug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got the same rug, but in blue! love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin