Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BHLDN Comes to Chicago


Today Anthropologie's sophisticated, wedding-savvy sister BHLDN (pronounced Beholden) opens the doors of its second storefront here in Chicago. My Everygirl partner-in-crime, Danielle, and I attended the opening party last night. We floated around the rooms, sipping champagne, pointing out the beautiful items, and chit-chatting with friends. Just like the Anthropologie stores, no detail was overlooked in designing the space. The architecture, the furniture, the paint colors - everything flawlessly fit into the whimsical yet elegant look for which BHLDN is known.

The highlight of the evening was getting to meet one of my idols, Darcy Miller, editor of Martha Stewart Weddings. Talk about inspiring talent. After explaining to her about the launch of The Everygirl, she relayed the story of how she started her own business in college but her parents made her get a "real job" for a year before once again starting off on her own. Fast-forward however many years later, and now she's Martha's #2.

All in all, it was a great night and I cannot wait to get back to the store to try on the various baubles, dresses, and shoes I fell in love with. Although, fashion aside, the number one items on my BHLDN wishlist are the pink and jadeite cake stands. The colors and shape are just too perfect. How could any stylist not want them in their life on a more permanent basis?

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. Oh I am so happy about this post!! I have been looking for to the opening and hopefully popping by today after work :) And how awesome to have meet Darcy Miller!!!!!! You two look so cute. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome night! I'm addicted to their site now that I'm wedding planning, wish I could see everything in person in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely stunning. It sounds like you guys had an awe-inspiring night!Happy Valentine's Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so vintage and sparkly and gorgeous! I love how Anthro pays attention to all the little details in their spaces, as you mentioned. So perfect for V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous! Makes me want to get married all over again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As is to be expected of Anthro, the store and all the details are beautiful, romantic, and so well thought out! Can't wait to visit a BHLDN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone will be your #2 before long. Mark my words! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty! I am dying for a BHLDN to come to SF. You should for sure get one of the jadeite cake stands. They could become another one of your styling hallmarks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! And exciting! Happy V day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks gorgeous! I can't figure out if I'm bummed or glad that they weren't around when I was getting married. I think I'd want everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful event. I like the lace embroidery, not my style in general, but this is lovely. And you look so naturally chic, great!Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend just got engaged and I've been trying to talk her into a BHLDN dress! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like so much fun! It makes me want to get married all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey A!

    I have a link to a (cheap) place to get Jadeite cake stands that I'll snag up for you, I think it's buried in a Pinterest board.

    brb. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.abbotkinneyonline.com/index.php?/Abbot-Kinney-Stuff/got-cake-stands.html

    I've also got a bunch pinned. Roadtrip?!

    http://blog.shopdirtylaundry.com/posts/2011/6/14/bountiful-cake-plates-and-domes.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been seriously stalking the BHLDN site {didn't know there was a pronunciation to that!} and am so jealous that your city gets a storefront!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow-the attention to detail is impeccable. And those fitting rooms...just breathtaking. I think you may just have to get the cake stand. Can I have that cake though?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots! I wish BHLDN was around when I got married...swoon.

    joliejouel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I probably saw both of you there...it was quite crowded. But I am in agreement - so exciting about the opening and meeting Darcy was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin