Friday, February 17, 2012

LCY Listens

A few songs that I've been listening to on repeat from 8:30am til I walk away from my desk at midnight. Kind of all over the place, but all great. Enjoy! And Happy weekend!

Alone by Trampled by Turtles
Favorite Lyrics: 
You come into the world alone //
and you go out of the world alone //
but in between, there's you and me

Best Part: 
I get a mean air violin going at the 3:00 mark.


Simple Song by The Shins
Favorite Lyrics: 
I made a fumbling play for your heart //
and the act struck a spark

Best Part: 
The chorus. So fun to sing along.


Digital Rot by Tan Vampires
Favorite Lyrics: 
every star is out the night is warm //
everybody here feels so at home

Best Part: 
The instruments are bananas. I mean, the guy's playing percussion on an accordion.


We are Young by Fun.
Favorite Lyrics: 
tonight we are young //
so let's set the world on fire //
we can burn brighter than the sun

Best Part: 
I just love the message! Tonight we are young. We can burn brighter than the sun. Go us! No? Just me? Ok...

And if any of you have any recommendations for new songs I should check out, please send them my way!

9 comments:

  1. hahaha...its nice to know that I'm not the only one with the repeat habit. Currently listening to Bon Iver (Holocene) and a great Toronto band called Objiou (New Years and Niagra is another great track). Have a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like these and I love discovering new music. How have I not heard Tan Vampires?!? Getting their album now. Love.

    My latest favorites: First Aid Kit (check out The Lion's Roar or Emmylou), and Dr. Dog (That Old Black Hole will have you dancing around for sure).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend has recently discovered Trampled by Turtles, and we are going to a concert in April! Right now I'm still hitting repeat on the newest Black Keys cd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Shins. Simple song makes me happy every time I hear it. Also, I love singing along to We are Young. My favorites right now are Gotye - Somebody that I used to Know, Florence and the Machine - Shake it out, and Atlas Genius - Trojans. Also, anything by Two Door Cinema Club. They are the cure for sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these music posts! My 12 year old daughter is "in charge of" music at our house and in the car. So…whenever I get the chance, I love to learn about and listen to new-to-me artists. In fact, you helped me find Damien Rice and I listen to that Pandora channel almost constantly while I’m at work. I've already listened to all four of these suggestions and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay new music! Happy weekend! Dance your booty off :)

    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great songs and go perfectly with the music I've been listening to recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somebody that i used to know-walk off the earth!! addicting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the site launch! Thought I would leave a few music suggestions for you:
    Definitely First Aid Kit's The Lions Roar.
    Chairlift - I belong in your arms
    The Maccabees - Glimmer
    Mina Tindle - To carry many small things (the woman has great style)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin