Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend in Instagram

four new amazing women joined team everygirl this week as spring writing interns. danielle and i are finally getting the hang of having help and we even prepared and had a little treat waiting for them on their first day. birchboxes, rifle paper co. notepads, hot pink le pens from design darling's shop, and our go-to anthropologie monogrammed mugs. we had them trained and efficiently working in no time!

i was able to make it to my friend allison's engagement party on friday night despite the sad sad state of tuck (who was not left home alone unsupervised, i assure you). allison is the first of my close friends to wed and the first friend wedding i'm standing up to, so it was really exciting to all come together my best ladies to simply celebrate and have a great time. friday's event was like a mini wedding complete with sit down dinner and dance floor. after that hefty glass of wine, i was finally able to relax a little given the previous day's event. granted i did have to duck out early to get back to my furry friend.
 
the office is almost done... still have to repaint but all of the other elements have pretty much come together. i realized what was missing from the gallery wall was more PINK. hot pink. so i added this canvas print from birdaria. you feel me? i feel you. much better i think.

and to give you all an update on mr. tuck. he went into the vet for a follow-up on saturday at which point his drain came out and bandages came off. we tried the tshirt method of preventing him from licking his wounds instead of the cone. he reminded me of an 80s teenager complete with tied-up baggy shirt and bad perm. alas, that wily dog wiggled his snout into the top hole of the shirt and got at them, so the cone is back. but he's healing well and feeling much better!

follow alainakaz on instagram!

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Tuck is okay! He reminds me of my pup!

    ps love the everygirl gifts! too cute.

    xo
    www.carlyonqueue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Tuck is feeling better. He looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear Tucker is getting better. You and your friends look like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear he is getting better! Looks like a fun weekend other than that!

    Kirby
    http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a female entrepreneur, I always find your updates on The Everygirl to be so inspiring. You and Danielle make an amazing team :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sad pup is a...sad pup! Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery! (: I love all the little welcoming package your new crew received. I may have to "surprise" myself with the same fun goodies! xx, lj

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your dog!! I bought this for mine because she hated the cone and she seemed much happier! http://www.petco.com/product/100555/ProCollar-Premium-Inflatable-Protective-Collar.aspx?cm_mmc=bazaarvoice-_-RLP-_-100555-_-description_link

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge fans of your custom Hot Pink "I Feel You"! Can't wait to see the whole new look come together! LOVE & GRATITUDE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Tucker updates. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad Tucker is better. Here's a great trick we have used for our dogs to keep them from getting to stitches, wounds, etc. Buy a baby onsie shirt...the kind that snap at the bottom...and cut a hole for the tail. Our dog got attacked and had surgery, drains and a long time of recovery. We used the onsie and they work great. We used the largest, a 4T.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's why whenever I have precious moments like these, I always take with me my trusty Sony Cameras to capture the moment forever. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin