Monday, March 4, 2013

details from my weekend at home

For the past month or so, there have been two round dining tables sitting in the living room. My roommate purchased one she found on sale (marble-top from CB2, great piece), but we haven't had anywhere to put it. Until I realized it can actually work in the living room, not as a dining table, but as more of a decorative piece and end table for the giant chair I own. It works out perfectly! Sneak peek above. Oh, also - the pillow are from Furbish and Serena and Lily!

And in case you forgot... we are shooting my full home tour next week (eek!), and you'll be able to see it on The Everygirl at the end of this month!

Naturally, I had to style said marble-top table so that it worked in the space. Oh, how I love creating little vignettes; pulling trinkets from other places in my home and grouping them together in new ways. I'm obsessed w/ my marble pattern lacquer box and horn sculpture, both from Furbish. And I've been wanting Celerie Kembell's Black and White since it came out. It perfectly depicts what I've done with my living room.

Another project I tackled this weekend was repainting the office. Remember the epic fail of painting my office pink? The room looked white/purply/grey/pink depending on the lighting... well I went over it with a coat of Farrow and Ball's Middleton Pink, and it's pretty much everything I ever hoped for in a pink room. I will definitely use this shade of pink here on out in the future. *Note the wall color in the photo above is the old pink prior to getting a new coat.

How was your weekend?! Get anything productive done?

12 comments:

  1. Love that table, and the glimpses of your home decor. Middleton pink sounds lovely, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love these little shots :)
    and your dog is precious!!

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to see the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could design a room like you! My place is so bleh in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great - looking forward to tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the tour! love what i've seen so far on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Middleton... of course it's going to be good with a name like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't tell you how much I admire your painting skills. My paint always seems to end up on the floor not the walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing little glimpses of your beautiful home! The vignette is perfect and I can't wait to see your pink office.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City
    Be sure to check out my Stella & Dot trunk show + giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your place looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing it on The Everygirl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin