Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Bastille Day!

Today, July 14th, is Bastille Day in France, or Fete Nationale. It marks the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille in 1789 and the climactic beginning of the French Revolution. Today's the day to go to your favorite French restaurant, French shop, French bakery... they are probably having a sale or celebration in honor of the holiday. I will leave with you some photos from my trip to Paris that will hopefully inspire you to go if you've never been, and to return if you are one of the lucky ones to have already gone. It is my favorite place on Earth.

"Paris is always a good idea." - Sabrina
"America is my country, and Paris is my hometown." - Gertrude Stein
"If you are lucky to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway
"As an artist, a man has no home in Europe save for Paris." - Friedrich Nietzsche

1 comment:

  1. I, like you, love Paris. The clothes, food, pastries, art, I love it all. Paris seems to have a color all its own!
    Happy Bastille Day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin