Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Project: My office desk

I spent my weekend like most 23-year-olds: painting my desk and picking out new drawer knobs. Ok, so not what most folks my age are doing... but still. I had fun. My home office is an ongoing project seeing as I spend far too much time here. In a way it's like your cubicle. Only 1000 times better seeing as I have windows and two adorable puppies at my feet. :) Ok, I'm done bragging.

Anyway, here is a before/after shot of my desk. It's from IKEA and extremely affordable. Mine was even cheaper as I bought it used on CraigsList. Not going to lie, this is the first time I painted furniture. I even used the tutorial from one of my favorite blogs available here. I gave it a light sanding, used an oil-based primer, and painted two coats of Benjamin Moore's latex paint in Super White. I love it.

My Desk: Before/After
In addition, I gave my Target book shelves an update with these fab knobs from Anthropologie. They match the teal color theme I have going with my lamp, Alicia Bock print, Domino book, and new magazine file labels.
Next on the to-do list is paint the walls. I'm thinking grey. Anyone surprised? I didn't think so.

2 comments:

  1. What about Taupe? They say Taupe is soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the desk white. What color are you thinking of painting the walls. Farrow and Ball has amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin