Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seeing Stripes: Loving Zebra Print

I went into Papyrus yesterday -- anyone else love paper stores as much as me? -- and fell in love with a set of zebra-print embossed notecards (shown later). I've realized just how much I love the pattern, and not just for desk accessories, but in all matters of design: fashion, work, and home. I definitely favor the toned-down version of the funky, bold print, preferring it in shades of light brown or grey. But when done in just the right amount, i.e. an accessory or a single piece of furniture in a room, even the traditional black and white stripe makes me swoon.

How striking is this zebra paired with yellow?
I don't care for the table. I think it's a little too much of the overdone Tuscan look. But the glass-doored fridge, oven range, and wall color are all perfect with the chairs.
I love the mix of old and new in this space. The moldings, charcoal occasional chair, fireplace mantel, and kitchen cabinets are all traditional paired with the contemporary bar stools, leather sofa, and zebra ottoman.
This room screams Upper East Side. But maybe that's just me.

Add Some Stripes to Your Life
For Your Desk
I saw these notecards at Papyrus yesterday and fell in love. Unfortunately, because I have no immediate use for them, I couldn't bring myself to fork out $20 for 10 notecards. Such is life.



For Your Home
Must. Have. This. Bench.
Perfect light brown hue. Gorgeous "X" woodwork.







For Your Closet
Amazingly understated. Love.

This dress pretty much guarantees a fun night out.


Ooo la la. A sexy onepiece is hard to come by. But with the plunging neckline, funky pattern, and oh-so-low scoop back (click on link to see), this will have heads turning.

Shoe lust.
Manolo Blahnik d'Orsay heels
(unfortunately no longer available. these babies sold out right away)



2 comments:

  1. Zebra is also a favorite of mine! The zebra ottoman in the picture with the tray and the bar stools is fabulous and I would love to have it in my living room! I have a big problem with stationary and I want those zebra cards from crane...or the Manolo Blahniks (no big deal).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A young man with tasteJuly 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin