Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Favorite Wedding Designs of All Time

With the recent news of my boyfriend's sister's engagement, scheduled to take place in (pause for effect) Martha's Vineyard(!) next summer, I find myself excitedly looking at seashore wedding photos. And of all the weddings I've seen featured in blogs, magazines, and attended in person, one particular Connecticut coastline wedding has caught my eye above all others.

#1
A Wedding in Connecticut
Interesting color combination: pink, blue and orange. It works. I also can't help but notice how great the bridesmaid dresses are. A true rarity.
Holy hydrangeas! Stunning.
The white lanterns combined with the blue hydrangeas make for the perfect seaside combo.
Simple and elegant.
photography by Winslow Martin

A Close #2
Tubridy Wedding in Turks and Caicos
Designer and blogger Erin Gates of Elements of Style is on the bride's right (left when looking at the photo). This was her brother's wedding.
The flower arrangements alone feel tropical.
Centerpieces.
Unbelievable.
photography by Tropical Imaging

More To Gawk At
You can't go wrong with pink peonies.
Is this real? It looks like an advertisement.
Magical.
Pinks and oranges - sweet and cheery.
Sunshiney yellow.
Interesting and different.
Classic white.
Striking. I like how a few white flowers offset the severity of the otherwise dark bouquet. Makes it instantly more casual.
If these bouquets don't say "I'm happy to be getting married," I don't know what does.

2 comments:

  1. Those images are so beautiful! Where in Martha's Vineyard is your boyfriends sister getting married? We have a house out there and it is always fun to hear about MV weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a long way we have come from the quiana fabric of the 70s and early 80s. Even the bold color combinations, work very well. I say all these couples are off to a beautiful start!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin