Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life in The Hills

I think it's safe to say most people know who Lauren Conrad (LC) is from MTV's The Hills. I'm not going to lie. I actually really like her, at least how she was portrayed on her reality TV show. She always seemed the most grounded, the most likely to eat a cheeseburger, the most natural and normal - blonde highlights excluded. But then I remember that she is my age and for the past couple of years, she lived here. Let me rephrase that. She didn't just live here. She owned it. And it cost a whopping 2.4 mil. Not so normal anymore, eh?

But this post is less about the ridiculous, fantasy world this gorgeous girl is living in and more about her stylish house. Viewers always caught bits and pieces of it on the show but never a full-on tour like you are about to see. There are about 50 more pictures of the house here if you feel like wasting 10 minutes at work, including the sitting room, pool house, and the home's two extra bedrooms. I've got to say, the furnishings are nothing special but the house's architecture definitely provided a gorgeous backdrop for the pool parties and tear-filled tiffs that made up the hit reality series.

the Mediterranean style home as seen from the street, located at 1627 N. Orange Grove Ave. in West Hollywood, just south of Hollywood Blvd. (Thank you, Google Maps. Stalkers, I would say 'you're welcome,' but Lauren moved out last year. Why do I know that?)
loved the arched ceiling in the living room
also love the French doors throughout the house
The dining room is actually my least favorite room in the house - I think it's a combination of the red walls and the generic style of furniture. It kind of looks like a page out of a catalogue. One you get for free with the Sunday paper.
And then there's my favorite room in the house. I mean come on! The white custom cabinets, the cabinet hardware, the oversized island, the wall-mounted flat screen, the stainless steel tile backsplash, the spout above the stove, Lagos Azul countertops... and I didn't choose the picture that shows the French doors leading to the pool in the backyard. But that's to the left in the image above. I will say what this room is missing are two great pendants above the island and a simple window treatment. Then it would be perfect.
Bridge faucet and white peonies. Just looking at it makes me smile. This kitchen actually resembles the beautiful, serene rooms designed by Erika Powell of Urban Grace Interiors.
The stainless steel tile backsplash is uber striking. And in all the magazines and blogs out there, I don't think I've ever seen this in another kitchen. Have you?
Bravo!
(aside for those two missing pendants)
just a cozy master suite for the 22-year-old owner
complete with fireplace and two closets that lead to...
my second favorite room in the house
You know the sound a Mac makes when it restarts? Kind of a tech version of "ta-da!" That's what I hear when I see this picture. A ginormous steam shower made of carrera marble plus a soaker tub. In the words of David after the Dentist, "is this real life?"
view from the master bathroom
Right. So...

...about getting my own reality show so I can purchase myself a comfy home like this... any TV producers looking for a graphic designer/style blogger/puppy enthusiast to follow around all day? Twitter me.

9 comments:

  1. Something's just not right about the fact that she can own a house like this by doing what she does. . . I'll just hope Kristin's house pales in comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing find. i agree with your comments as well- the kitchen, bath and pool are the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're right the kitchen is fantastic! I actually think its actually the size of my entire apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like Lauren as well...but I LOVE her (old) house! It is so serene and I cannot believe she owned it when she was only 22. Lucky her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While watching the show I totally fell in love with the kitchen and outdoor area of this home (loved the fireplace they had there!) And how about Audrina's "guest cottage"?!

    I also really like the style of the home Audrina ended up buying for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the french doors, big open kitchen with the island to gather around and her pool! Lucky her....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am loving the stainless steel tile in the kitchen ~ very neat touch! And you're so right about the kitchen and those pendants :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alaina,

    I just found your blog and I love it! This home of Lauren Conrad is beautiful. I would have liked to see a little bit more of that wonderful backsplash though! Stop on over and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One lucky girl! Everytime they gossiped in that kitchen I was always looking in the background!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin