Monday, February 1, 2010

Style Icon: Lea Michele (aka I didn't know one person could look so good ALL THE TIME)

As if Lea Michele's natural beauty and 18-inch waist (I can only guess) wasn't enough to keep this Broadway-meets-TV darling looking glam red carpet after red carpet, she might have the best taste in dresses I HAVE EVER SEEN. Over the past few months of award shows, Miss Glee USA has blown me away time and time again, starting with her short red frock at the People's Choice Awards, the oh-so-elegant, floor-length Oscar de la Renta at the Golden Globes, last week's emerald gown at the SAG awards, and finally, last night's black (or navy?) mini at the Grammys. Lea's red carpet looks always leave me helplessly picking my jaw off the floor.

Grammys 2010
Love everything about this look: the one shoulder, the feathered mini skirt, the simple hair and basic shoes. Ahh love love love.

Golden Globes 2010
in Oscar de la Renta - girl's got great taste

SAG Awards 2010
Adore the color choice of this gown, especially contrasted against her dark hair (note*** this dress was actually much brighter than it looks here). Poor photo quality or not, Lea Michele looks elegant and beautiful. Isn't that the point of these red carpets? Why do so many stars get it wrong time and time again and this newcomer makes it look like a walk in the park?

Peoples Choice Awards 2010
again great color choice

Teen Choice Awards 2009
Quite possibly my favorite of all Lea's looks. I think we all know why. But other than the happy hue, I'm realizing how much I love one shoulder styles. And I'm wishing I could get my hair to curl like that.

Fox Upfront event
Foxy lady.

Proving that sometimes basic neutrals are the way to go.

Can you say the perfect LBDs?

I always want to know which of these stars style themselves and who hires professional help. I want to believe this is all Lea.

Which of Lea's red carpet looks is your fave?

12 comments:

  1. Could she be more gorgeous?! It's just not fair! I seriously need to start watching this Glee everyone speaks of... XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one from the SAGS. I completely agree with you, she knocks it out of the ballpark everytime. If she has a stylist, she should give her a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE her style, great post! I also wonder if she has a stylist, or if she is perfectly chic all on her own. Btw, was the dress at the Grammy's black or navy? It looked navy on TV and in pictures, but maybe that was just lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her Grammy dress was beautiful and I loved the SAG dress. Not a huge fan of the GG dress, however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alaina I'm so glad you did an entry on her - I think she's so gorgeous, and you are right, her style sense is right on! Hope you guys had fun in Mexico!! --Jenny B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the emerald and love that white lace one shoulder. she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree!! So sophisticated yet young and fresh at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so cute! I wish I could look like her in some of those dresses! My favorite would have to be the one from last night with the one shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the yellow and the red dresses! Wouldn't it be awesome if we had opportunities to get all dolled up for all the time??? Must be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, I love her style. She always looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Grammys, the SAG, and the Peoples Choice. If this is the work of a stylist, she needs to hold onto him or her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I agree with the statement that she looks good all of the time! I never realized what amazing style she has. Fantastic dresses!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin