Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Apartment: bedroom reveal!


When Emily asked me if I'd participate in her Beautiful Blogger Bedrooms series (my guest post is up today!), my reaction was "Of course!" followed by "Oh, crap..." You see, I hadn't put a lot of effort into making my bedroom, well, beautiful, since moving into the new place a little over a month ago. Most of my energy went into my living room, dining room, and office. But my blogfriend's request provided the inspiration I needed to get the ball rolling in that part of the house. So now half of my bedroom is photo-worthy. But all you're really missing out on in this tiny room is the dresser that has nothing on it but a lamp. And an ugly one at that.

Here are two before shots.
Unfortunately, I didn't shoot the angle that I shot for the after images, so bare with me... the bed you will see below is on the wall to the right in these before pictures. *Note: the grey paint is the same as the grey in the living and dining rooms: Behr's Dolphin Fin.

and here is the after!
the door you see in the above images is to the left of the bed in this after picture

quite serene, if I do say so myself

needless to say, these guys like it
The duvet cover and euro shams are from the organic matelassé line from West Elm. The faux fur throw is also from West Elm, as well as the embroidered throw pillows that I got on super sale.

Close-ups
(left to right) photos I shot in London, Paris, and Versailles

One thing I love about vintage buildings: the old architectural details. One thing I hate: the lousy "insulation" that leaves me sitting with a space heater by my side all day.

antique table juxtaposed to a cheap-o Ikea rug. love.

A more detailed source list including rugs, lighting, and frames can be found at Emily A. Clark's blog! Thanks again, Emily, for including me in your guest series!

22 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks great, peaceful and crisp. Would you be willing to share the paint brand and color? It's such a fab shade of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's so pretty! I love all the gray and the lamps! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franci - thanks for asking. I added it to the post just now, but so you know, it's Dolphin Fin by Behr. It's the same color I have throughout my apartment.

    Cheers,
    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colors! and the little pups!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's beautiful...love the zebra rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get your dogs to pose like that? Impressive :) Thanks for linking to me. Love the room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bedroom looks great! And could Tucker and Fiona be any cuter? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful room! I love your photos and your dogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those lamps. Are they from West Elm? Also, did I miss your complete make over of your office? I remember the black paint, but I don't remember before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE what you did! It looks amazing. I can't wait to graduate and really start decorating my own place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great-and love the photography!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an amazing job! It looks so comfy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bedroom looks fantastic! I love the gray with the black and white photography. It looks like a very serene and relaxing space, which is what I think everyone strives for in a bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful and relaxing bedroom. LOVE the grey. The Fur babies sure look happy to snuggle on the bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bedroom. Your purchases from West Elm are great. I think I need some of their fabulous organic bedding. Even the color of your dogs blends in nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Love the photos above the bed and love the books in the bedside table.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so inspired by this gray paint that I am going to re-paint my house this summer with this exact color! Thanks, Alaina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great!! You did a great job! And those doggies are adorable!



    www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have that same duvet - same color and all! Your bed looks much prettier than mine though. Great style!

    mo-pieplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bedroom is lovely! I love the detail on your doors, and that faux fur throw is divine! Your Paris pics are beautiful as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The new bedroom looks amazing. I love those lamps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin