Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Designers I Love: Emily Henderson

Confession. I am a style blogger who doesn't watch Design Star. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I have a few bones to pick with the producers. 1. The show moves too slow to keep me interested. 2. The low-budget projects don't offer finished spaces that wow me. 3. And quite frankly, the judges put me to sleep. And I love Candace and Vern! THAT being said. I watched this season finale last night and loved the space that winner Emily Henderson designed. I mean - the room could not have been a more literal interpretation of her client (which was the whole point - to use the client's wardrobe as inspiration for their home). It was perfect! And beautiful! And that massive canvas art in the bedroom, well, I loves it and want it for my dining room. And how adorable was Emily?! Genuine and sweet, brilliant and humble. Naturally, I had to check out more of this soon-to-be-way-famous lady's portfolio.

Each shot - no matter how simple - is stunning. It's amazing the talent that goes into styling a photo shoot. Each of these photos has the perfect balance of color, art, shape, texture, and light. And that last shot? It looks as though someone was just sitting there enjoying chocolate milk and a magazine, and got up to answer the phone. Amazing. I will definitely be tuning in next Sunday for the premiere of Emily's new HGTV series, Secrets from a Stylist.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't watch Design Star either, but I know that EVERYBODY adores Emily. Thank you for this post, these spaces are truly beautiful and am going to check on her portfolio now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her and am so happy she won!! Not only are her designs so amazing, her personality is so adorable!! I will definitely be watching her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily was my fave all along - just so talented and down to earth. I actually posted about her today too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see her show! Love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny, I posted about her today, too! She's definitely blowing up and I can't wait for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch either but I did happen upon Emily's blog the other day and she's hilarious and seems so down-to-earth. Glad she won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first heard of Emily on Apartment Therapy, which led me to Design Star and then to her blog. Since I don't even have cable TV I began cramming in all the Design Star episode online just because I wanted to see Emily in action and how far she would go. Since I live here in LA I had the chance to go to her finale viewing party and meet Emily in person. She is so sweet and personable and spent so much time with all of us strangers/blog readers. Probably the nicest person I'd ever met. I am in love with Emily and all of her designs and style. She is so deserving of this. CANNOT WAIT FOR HER SHOW NEXT SUNDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It finaalllyyyy seems like they picked a winner...I am actually excited for her show! Plus I can't style worth a darn, so maybe I will learn a thing or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can picture Biddy sitting next to you on using the typewriter on the floor in the second to last picture. He wants to be a blogger like you so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didnt really watch it either, so you're NOT alone..I did see the last episode though and the LARGE black canvas is what caught me EYE...i forgot about everything else after that. :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the round side stool in the first two photos (first photo smaller scale in silver / second photo larger scale in gold). Does anyone know the source??? Must have...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just came across your blog and absolutely love it!!! Especially your lovely house tour.....lots of much needed inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with her work! I was just now googling her name to check when her new episodes will be on tv and ended up finding your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin