Monday, April 30, 2012

This year keeps getting better.

Sorry for the radio silence last week...

The good news is I am alive! And on top of that, the reason I was a major slacker last week is because I had the most incredible trip to Boston. Sure, Danielle and I were putting in 15-hour work days and squeezed in nine photo shoots in three days on top of meeting up with a bunch of Everygirl readers. But like I said... what. a. trip.

It was so successful in large part because of Erin Gates. Anyone who has ever read this blog knows a big reason why I started LCY was due to the inspiration I got from reading Elements of Style, Erin's blog. Just type her name into the search bar. You'll see how frequently her name has been mentioned in posts on this site. Kinda ridic. Well, somehow over the past two years, we've gotten to know one another and she's been so kind and so supportive with the launch of The Everygirl. It was her who rallied all of the women in creative office space co-op to sign on for Everygirl features. So now we have an amazing freelance photographer, graphic designer, potter/homegoods designer, and another interior stylist, in addition to featuring Erin. That's right. The Everygirl will debut her office and home tour. Whaaaat? How did this happen? The site I launched will be the first to show my (and many people's) favorite blogger's home and studio tour? This whole year has been surreal. And it just continues to get better...

Here's a photo of Erin and I hanging with her pups, Baxter and Oliver. Loved them. She and her husband also joined Danielle and I for dinner at Stella. Italian at its finest. Think more along the lines of grilled swordfish and truffle linguini and less along the lines of overcooked lasagna and generic bruschetta. We (Danielle, Erin, Andrew, and myself) all highly recommend this restaurant if you're in Boston. There wasn't a single dish we tried we didn't loooove. And the service was top-notch.

The Buttery was another local eatery that came highly recommended from readers. It's right around the corner from Stella, and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner - all with reasonable prices! Perfect stop mid-day for a sandwich and latte.

And as I mentioned, we met up with a number of Everygirl readers which was so so exciting. It was great learning more about the women - many of whom are entrepreneurs, all of whom have blogs - and hear what they like about the site and why they read it.

There are a lot more fun photos and trip details of our adventures in Boston over on The Everygirl!

Oh, and one more final item of note... remember my five goals for 2012? Well. I did something different with my hair. Four inches off. FOUR. The photos above from Boston show it at its longest. And below...

leaving the salon...

and at night with my girlfriends.

It's a big deal for me. Check it off the list!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing trip! And the hair looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Boston, I'll have to add these restaurants as my "must go to" places when I go one day! Love your hair BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun trip! And I agree with the comments above...your hair looks fabulous! 4 inches IS a lot, but it looks fresh and healthy :)
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston sounds like it was amazing! Can't wait to read all the features! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hard work is really paying off! Congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pleased you had a great trip and love the new shorter hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great trip, so glad you loved Boston! Sorry we didn't get to meet up, next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing trip, love Boston!
    Looking great with the shorter hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top picture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin