Tuesday, May 1, 2012

kitchen dreams


I am constantly all over the place with what I'd consider a dream kitchen. One day I love the rustic look, the next I want French country, and still the next I love a more industrial style. But time and time again, I come back to the all white kitchen. It's rooms like this one that remind me how clean and simple white on white topped with carrera marble and backed with subway tile creates the best environment for getting creative with colorful foods and rich flavors. Really the only change I'd make is switching out the overly feminine chandelier for something a bit more contemporary. Otherwise I'd say this room is picture perfect, right down to the blush pink plates in the dish rack.

To find your dream kitchen for your home check out Better Kitchens.
 
Make sure to stop on by The Everygirl as we've featured another round-up of Kitchen Essentials!

images via

11 comments:

  1. Love your kitchen inspo -- the clean, open spaces are so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I wouldn't mind having one of these kitchens in my home. Wouldn't mind it at all...
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem - the nice thing about a white kitchen is how easily you can change the "look" with accessories too (new barstools, new fruitbowl on the counter, new window treatments and art take it from rustic to girly glam to modern and bright). Love this space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lovely thing about that kitchen in particular is that it incorporates threads of all of those styles throughout. I love the exposed piping in contrast with the otherwise feminine details. beautyyy-ous,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always changing what I consider my "ideal" kitchen also. Sometimes it can be country rustic, others all stainless steel appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hat kitchen, I've been eyeing those chairs or quite a while. I think in order to get your dream kitchen you have to have many, so that's why I'm lobbying my siblings to let me spruce up their kitchens! That way I can experiment with other styles and colors.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have crappy white counter tops in my rental duplex. I don't recommend them! They attract stains like nobody's business. Drop of red wine? Instant spot. The only thing that gets it out is baking soda and LOTS of elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of the white on white. That long table and set of chairs in the first photograph are fantastic - I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect feminine/rustic/classic/French kitchen if I ever saw one. I'm lusting after some Tolix chairs for my own kitchen, and those white ones really take it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not agree more. My kitchen has black granite currently with light wood and I have made a vow to myself that my next house will have a white kitchen. They look so clean and call me crazy but does food just look like it tastes better in a white kitchen. Love love, thanks for sharing!

    southonbroadway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin