Wednesday, May 9, 2012

big life

Not sure if you remember this "word on the street" post, but it quoted Emily Dickinson stating, "Why not have a big life?" Well, this week (and to be honest, the past few months), life feels big. And I couldn't be more grateful. Here are just a few of the wonderful things that have transpired in the past 48 hours...

Danielle, Caitlin, and I were finally all together and had two very late nights getting these wedding fashion features up. It was so great all getting to work in one room instead of remotely from our own homes (in different states!). Lots of laughter and good eating.

Yesterday, a reader, Catherine, informed me that Nina Garcia, fashion director of Marie Claire and Project Runway judge, pinned my home office onto her "interiors" inspiration board. I mean, whoa. And then there's the whole fact that Catherine took the time to tell me. So thoughtful.

I was in the bridal suite dressing room at BHLDN yesterday having a quiet moment, waiting for the other gals to arrive and the event to begin. It was a very surreal "Is this really happening?" moment. We've worked so hard for the past eight months bringing The Everygirl to life and working our patooties off to sustain daily features and last night was such a wonderful way it see it celebrated. From the many female entrepreneurs to women we've featured to readers who said they feel inspired and love the site, it was such a wonderful group who turned out. 

If you were there, thank you so much for taking the time to be a part of this evening. Lots more to say but a full feature and recap will be on The Everygirl soon (with legit photos by the duo that brought you today's bridal and yesterday's bridesmaid wedding fashion feature)!

Tracy Reese dress available here

When I got in my car at the end of the night, exhausted and a lil' bummed I didn't get one of the cute Everygirl cookies Celestial Kitchens created for the event, I was surprised to see one nestled safely on my dashboard. My boyfriend had placed it there for me when he went to feed my meter earlier in the night.

I find it's all the small moments like this that when added together create a big, big life.

20 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! From someone who needed to be inspired today, thank you for all you do.
    Have a great day,
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina, lcy was the very first blog I discovered 2 1/2 years ago. It remains my utmost favorite! I've witnessed the evolution of lcy and how much you've grown since. I am always cheering you on. You've accomplished so much. You motivate and inspire me. Congrats on all of your endeavors!! You are definitely doing what you set out to do "living creating yourself!" -Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously the CUTEST thing ever. What a sweet and simple gesture. I attended the event last night and it was seriously amazing! Congratulations. So sad I didn't get to meet you, but maybe the next event ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of you hanging out in the dressing room is so sweet. So happy I got to be there to witness The Everygirl's Wedding Week being celebrated. Thank you for everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. You ladies have worked so hard - it has been so inspiring to watch the whole process. Great job.

    *and what a sweet boyfriend! little things like that are the best.

    Lauren
    llovestoshare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post :) What a wonderful reflection... and a great reminder for all of us to savor the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So many exciting things! So sorry I couldn't make it last night. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many exciting things -- yay! I had a wonderful time last night -- you and Danielle were perfect hostesses, and looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet boyfriend. love that. thanks for sharing your joys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was lovely, Alaina. Emily and I had such a great time at the event--and it was wonderful, after all of these emails!--to finally meet you girls. You're just as fabulous as I'd imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww your boyfriend is too cute! I love those simple gestures. :)

    But congrats on your event! I'm so thrilled to see all of the successes from your hard work. It's very inspiring! Your home is absolutely beautiful I've seen many pictures of it on hundreds of pinboards and all over tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post and so inspiring! You guys have been working so hard and it really shows. I love the blog and the Everygirl. It's a truly amazing idea and thank you for all the time and effort!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. You won't believe this, but we're a few days away from 9 months! Such a great event last night! Talk to you tomorrow (and every after that forever and ever). Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absoloutely LOVE that Emily Dickinson quote and actually have had a postcard with it pinned next to my desk. You are certainly living a big, beautiful life. You and Danielle are such an inspiration to me, and it's truly success stories like yours that gave me the confidence I needed to put in my two-weeks notice at my job today and announce that I'm pursuing my business full-time. I'm sad I couldn't make it out to the event last night, but just wanted to say THANK YOU for being such a great example of the success that can come from drive and hard work for something you believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes, I even saw that Nina Garcia pinned your office and I was like, "Whoa! Wow!" Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning in that floral dress! I'm so sad I missed the BHLDN party but I heard only great things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on everything! I love that your boyfriend left you the cookie- that was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. :) Every single one of those things was so deserved. Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us!

    P.S. You look awseome in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is so much to celebrate and be thankful for... I love this post. It is nice to reflect on all that showers you with grace and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Congrats on all of this. Such big accomplishments & it's fun & motivating to hear about these quiet reflections.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin