Monday, May 14, 2012

Want to know a secret?

My apartment is going to be in Chicago Home and Garden Magazine!

Gasp.

You may recall the guest market editing I did for them a while back, and I styled Alex Berlin's home which made it to the cover of their April issue! Well now it's my home that will be gracing the pages of one of my favorite city publications.

photography by Andy Barnes for Jayson Home and Garden
As if that's not cool enough... the photographer is Andy Barnes, photographer for Jayson Home and Garden catalogues (most of which I have saved and filed for styling inspiration - each of their catalogues is like a mini magazine work of art). Talk about the cherry on top.

I'm secretly so nervous to have him see my home. I know it doesn't compare to most of the high-end homes featured in the magazine, but I hope it's not completely desperate.

Anywho, speaking of Jayson, I popped in there yesterday as it has become my one-stop-shop when it comes to shopping for my mom. And seeing as it was mother's day, I swung by on my way to the burbs.

via The Everygirl's Instagram
I was pleasantly surprised to see a few gold athena feather trays lying around and immediately placed one on the counter to be gift-wrapped. That, along with this darling Rifle Paper Co. card, made Mama Kaz very happy.

How were all of your weekends?

14 comments:

  1. Love the feather tray and card, but your visit is always my favorite gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congrats! Your home is amaze-face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! That is some really exciting news! Your home is beautiful and has been shown all around the web! About time it gets official recognition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you!! We can't wait to see it. Have fun working with Andy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I am amazed by how you are going places. You and Danielle inspire me to reach above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah congrats! Cannot wait to see your gorgeous home featured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Alaina! Cannot wait to see the issue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your feature! Your home is my all time favorite and number one inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an honor! Congratulations! That is very exciting! Can't wait to see the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so exciting! Congrats! You've worked dang hard enough to deserve it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the feature!
    Love that feather tray, so pretty and elegant.

    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alaina, How are you ?

    I've posted one of your house pictures on my tiny blog ( www.mycolorfulnest.com ) about living room Inspirations and the link of your blog is placed as caption of this one picture. I hope It's ok. I absolutely LOVE your house decor and I really wanted to share it on my post.

    Hope it's ok :)

    By the way I'm an active reader of your blog and Breakfast At Toast... You guys are Awesome !!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on this feature, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin