Thursday, May 10, 2012

Abby Larson just might be one of my favorite people.

As I said before, our trip to Boston a couple weeks ago was absolutely amazing. While we were there, we rented a car and trekked west to a charming New England town just outside the city where the mega-wedding blog Style Me Pretty is headquartered. Spending the afternoon with the founder Abby Larson was like spending the afternoon with your long-lost childhood best friend. She was so welcoming and genuine and nice. I would usually attribute this to her southern charm (Abby's from Texas), but it was more than that. It was the kind of memorable nice, where you leave scratching your head thinking how the world would be a better place if more people were like that. 

Not only did Abby and team let me rearrange the office however I saw fit (a joy to any stylist), but Abby offered Danielle and I priceless advice about running a site, what to expect, what we need to do, and stuff we shouldn't worry so much about. We sat their like moths to a flame, diligently taking mental notes of every word she said. We couldn't be more grateful for her kindness and support. And on top of that, we got an amazing feature out of the visit! Not only were the offices gorgeous (and pin-worthy!), but Abby's interview is detailed, insightful, and inspired. For example...



What advice would you give to your 23-year-old self?
"Breathe, my friend. You are not old, you are young. You are not a mess, you are normal. Extraordinary, perhaps. In the blink of an eye your life will change. And it will continue to change for decades to come. Enjoy it, embrace it…be grateful for the ride. You are not old, you are young. And faith will get you everywhere. Just you wait." - Abby Larson, founder of Style Me Pretty


Yes. I needed to hear that when I was 23. Heck, that advice applies to anyone! I still need to hear it!


And there's so much more where that came from over on The Everygirl today, including a tour of their very chic offices!




And here's a little behind the scenes look at the shoot! Me, gettin' my styling credit on (with Danielle Moss behind the lens, obvi).

10 comments:

  1. That advice is awesome right now to an almost 28 year old. I love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an (almost) 23 year old graduating from college this week with a completely uncertain future, that advice really means more than I can articulate. Writing it out and sticking it above my desk immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally wrote that in my journal to repeat to myself *daily*. because thats how often I need to hear it. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this feature on Abby Larson. It's so necessary to hear her advice on doing what you are good at. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely feature Alaina and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was GORGEOUS! Fantastic styling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just said how old I feel today to my co-workers! I'm 23 and I really need to keep telling myself that I have so much more life to live! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This post lead me to reading many posts on the Everygirl. This is a great feature and I am so glad that there's such great advice to be shared. I'm 22 and I really need all the advice I can get! Very inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's just say that's the most perfect advice I needed as a 23 year old about to graduate. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her quote. It really hit home. "You are not old, you are young."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin