Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Belle: I have a big girl bed!

Thanks to affordable bedroom furniture from Joss and Main and my new ultra luxe linens from Serena and Lily... I finally have what I like to call my big girl bed. The bedroom has really come along nicely... so much so that I'd say we are almost there!

As you recall I purchased this grey upholstered bed from Joss and Main...

And if you recall, the walls are now black... more on that later.

Back to the bedding! Since getting dogs five years ago, nice bed sheets have gone to the wayside (along with wool rugs). And yes, I used to let my dogs sleep on the bed. After all, isn't the best part of having puppies cuddling with them? But thanks to Serena and Lily, I was able to make my dream bed! They have this amazing new tool: Make Your Bed, where you can mix and match their different products and see what your bed will look like before actually purchasing.

Be warned: you can get lost playing around with this for hours. I did.

I used the black and white diamond throw pillow as a stand-in for my Jonathan Adler "LUST" pillow that I so adore.
neutral and light

neutral and dark

blues and tan

softer blues

tans and berry... almost there...!

We ultimately ended up going with a mix of color and pattern... mostly white sprinkled with tan (bark), grey (pewter), and fuschia (berry). The light colors look amazing against the black backdrop.

My Big Girl Bed:
duvet cover: Ventura Duvet
sheets: Pewter Gobi Embroidered Sheets
euro shams: Bark Border Frame
pillow shams: Berry Border Frame
blanket: White Pickstitch Matalasse
throw pillow: Bark Diamond Pillow

Make your own bed here!

And come back tomorrow for a full sneak peek at the room!

5 comments:

  1. I love the darker color in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast of the dark walls with the bed frame! I can't wait to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wall, love the bed, love the bedding/pillows...great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Catalina duvet cover in Navy and I.LOVE.IT!

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with having black bedroom walls with crisp white bedding at the moment!
    Can't wait to see how your big girl bed and room turn out :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin