Friday, October 26, 2012

The Everygirl's Home Tours in Chicago Home and Garden Magazine

I am not kidding when I say it was this time last year that Chicago Home and Garden magazine came to me wanting to run my home tour and career profile in their publication. And I kept telling them I had "a few more things" I wanted to change before we photographed it. Notably, new art above my couch, a bedroom overhaul, and spruce up the dining room. Since money doesn't grow on trees... nine months later, I was finally able to get it to a place I was happy with, we scheduled a date, and photographer Andy Barnes and team came over on quite possibly THE gloomiest day of the summer and shot my old apartment. You may remember me blogging about Andy and the Chicago HG shoot back in May... I was ecstatic since he was responsible for shooting my most favorite Jayson Home and Garden catalog ever.

So July came and went... the photos turned out beautiful! And in late August, I heard from the new editor Gina Bazer about wanting to refocus the story on The Everygirl, and more specifically, Danielle's and my home tour. Press for The Everygirl?! No brainer. So we met her for coffee, chatted about decorating, and Danielle submitted her own photos of her apartment since there wasn't time to schedule another shoot (not to mention she had moved!), and now, this week, the winter issue hits newsstands! One year later. With a 4-page story on The Everygirl, and a blurb with our url on the table of contents page (incl. a photo of me and the pups! They're such good models.)


How cool is that?!

Also love that our friends over at Nate Berkus, Sasha Adler and Lauren Buxbaum landed the cover! Which I noted as being drop-dead gorgeous (those green chairs!) before evern realizing it was their project. And our good friends John and Maura Stoffer of Stoffer Photography have their byline on the pages, as well, since they shot a number of Danielle's pictures and our portrait. "Free press for everyone! Yay!"

Come back Monday for some fun behind-the-scenes pictures, and Tuesday for full-size pictures of my fully revamped tour - complete with pink geometric rug from RugsUSA, new dining table, Alicia Bock Paris photo, and my Jonathan Adler Lust pillow!

Thanks to everyone at Chicago Home and Garden - both past and present staff - who made this possible: Megan Duffy Rostan, Jan Parr, Gina Bazer, and of course, Andy Barnes!

Oh, and did you hear, it's Halloween weeeeekend! Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Y'all are seriously awesome and deserve all of this good stuff. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! I hope we get to see more of the photos with the changes to your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you both definitely deserve a spread in the magazine! Beautiful homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaina, this is so so so fantastic! You definitely deserve it, every second, you are such an amazing example that with a lot of passion, hard work and dedication, we can create exactly the life we want :)
    Thank you for being a constant source of inspiration!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post.
    Thanks for Sharing it.
    http://onlineshoesinindia.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/liberty-and-bata-famous-indian-footwear-brands/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome, Alaina! Love seeing all the amazing things happening for you two! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin