Monday, October 22, 2012

to tutu or not to tutu?

i enjoyed some much-needed girl time this weekend, catching up with my pal caitlin on saturday. before brunching at my favoritesouthport grocerywe popped into anthropologie where i spotted a few gems. namely...
the tutu | the bib | the wishbone

im normally not a huge fan of bib necklaces, but this one by pam hiran is something special. the wishbone is meant to be a jewelry holder, but i love it as just a decorative token. something whimsical and shiny on display. but the real item of the hour is that tulle treat: the tutu skirt. i grabbed it as soon as i saw it and think it's quite fabulous. perfect for cocktail events, holiday parties, and whenever else i feel like dressing up. i was pleasantly surprised to see it got a great response on instagram. of course i'm not sure it would be the most practical purchase, but it's been two days and i'm still thinking about it.

so readers, i ask, to tutu or not to tutu? that is the question.

20 comments:

  1. absolutely love that tutu! and actually got that bib necklace as a gift and wear it all the time! www.fashionifancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a must - something different and extra special for the Holiday season! I know Shabby Apple has one for about $65, in navy, black, and white. Might be a little bit more bang for your buck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love that tut Alaina, it works so well on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them ! I am soooooo happy we have a branch here in London now. I must pop by there this weekend :)

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look fab in the tutu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny I was in there this weekend too and am in love with the wishbone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two words: TU. TU. (!!)

    Live Inspired,

    Heidi
    athousandlaughingstarfish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the tutu skirt. i have been considering getting one and am finally going to break down and buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Tutu! Definitely. Love that look. :)
    Megan from Chasing Davies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look - so as long as you have an occasion to wear it, great purchase! I love the bib necklace too. And I totally agree with your wishbone as a decoration piece as opposed to a jewelry holder. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say yes to the tutu, why should you hold yourself from having fun? Who says you need an "occasion" to wear it? I say go for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say YES to the whole outfit, think you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tutu is a must! You looked precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it and it looks adorable on you! Here's another way to style it: http://atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-fall-date.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surprisingly, I love the tutu! It's adorable on you! I think I need that wishbone.. asap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's adorable, Alaina! Definitely a fun piece for the holidays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DEFINITELY TO TUTU!!! I LOVE THAT SKIRT AND BIB NECKLACE:))))!

    ReplyDelete
  18. to tutu - and bib necklace, too! blair from atlantic pacific already said yes to the tutu and it looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin