Monday, October 8, 2012

quite possibly the best weekend of the year (birthday recap!)

the birthday festivities technically began thursday evening when these polka dotted delights arrived on my doorstep! thank you, papa bear! shown here on my striped rug from layla grayce.

then on friday, october 5 (officially my 27th bday), my best friend lauren took me out to lunch at my favorite mexican restaurant - uncle julio's hacienda. surprise sopapillas! it was a rainy day so i sported my ali ro anorak, of course (i'm obsessed).

Mike came back from work with the most beautiful (and huge!) arrangement of flowers for me!
(the pink rug is from rugsUSA.com - I'm obsessed and always get asked about it!)

and Mike's family had this tasty dozen delivered to my home! vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet from sprinkles. so thoughtful! these were a hit at my game night!

romantical dinner date for two at one of my favorite French restaurants - Mon Ami Gabi in Lincoln Park. get the filet with red wine reduction. melts in your mouth.

followed by game night at my place! it was a large group so instead of my favorite board games, we played celebrity and drank a lot of wine. for those wondering, the striped flats are madewell.

it was the first time many of my friends were seeing our new place, so i wanted to create a nice ambiance! i decorated with gourds, pumpkins, yellow flowers, and candlelight. it was cozy and lovely. my new antler candlesticks from west elm were a perfect addition.

saturday my girlfriends and i headed to new buffalo, michigan for some r&r - if you've never been, it's a charming lake town just an hour and some change outside chicago. a little wine tasting at tabor hill, a hearty dinner, late night cocktails and chit chat. work often gets in the way of me hanging out, so it was great fun catching up and spending quality time with my best friends.

how beautiful is this winery? it's called round barn and we arrived just as they were closing, so we are planning on heading back w/ all the boys around christmas when it looks extra beautiful!

sunday i returned home and settled in on the couch with mike for a long day of football and fall ambiance! obsessed with this pumpkin souffle candle - a gift from danielle! and note i took the two oversized white hydrangea (i swear they must have been on steroids) out of the huge bouquet mike gave me and created a separate arrangement. two for one. awesome.

monday morning. back to work but not without a hot treat. loving my new crossbody bag from k.slademade and fair isle glittens i picked up in michigan.

Birthday Weekend Loot

Kate Spade ball hat / Kate Spade glitter bow belt / Kate Spade leather gloves / pumpkin souffle candle by Lumin Candles / k.slademade crossover bag in brown / wee heart ring in rose gold from Anthropologie / tippi sweater in shocking pink Paris in Color book  / Cupcake chardonnay / antler candlestick holders from West Elm / Kate Spade polka dot pumps 

Quite possibly the best weekend of the year. Thank you to everyone who made it so special!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! What an incredible Bday weekend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    Seems you had a wonderful weekend! In two weeks it will be my birthday too, I hope my birthday weekend will be gorgeous as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds fab! nothing beats sopapillas at UJ's & that merlot butter at Mon Ami - two of my all time favorites as well! x

    www.glittersgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Happy Birthday! Looks like you got some great loot ; ) Those polka dot heels are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like os much fun - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    love,
    elisabeth
    lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks and sound like you had a great birthday weekend! And what fun goodies to get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend!!!
    I was just in New Buffalo a few weeks back at The Round Barn -- love that winery. Such a cute idea to have a girls trip there.

    Happy 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mon Ami Gabi is probably one of my all time favorite (chain) restaurants. Always such amazing food and service! Their brunch is amazing too!

    And love those SW Michigan wineries... what a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every part of your birthday celebrations sounds amazing! Uncle Julio's, Sprinkles, Mon Ami Gabi, New Buffalo, flowers, gifts... all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I turned 27 on October 2 - do you feel as old as I do?

    Alyssa
    ruffleandcurl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you had a great birthday! I love those antler candlesticks and your fair isle gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Looks like you had yourself a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got that Paris in Color book recently! You got some wonderful gifts and it looks like you had such a great birthday! :) Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a top notch birthday - I love it! You blog always gives me a little lift, I love that you live life to the full and try to squeeze the best out of every adventure - bravo to that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nos a wonderful Birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seem to have had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seem to have had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing review with best products. I also have the same products

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin