Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Spy: Ikea Edland chest of drawers

Since I began blogging - actually, long before that if I really think about - I love playing "I Spy" with movies and television shows. Locating items, accessories, clothing, furniture, etc. that I recognize from stores or have read about in magazines. It's quite fun actually. For example, I'm fairly certain Glee's Emma (the redheaded teacher) has a wardrobe entirely comprised of J.Crew items.

Anyway! I'm not sure if any of you watch The Good Wife on CBS with Julianna Marguiles. Good show. Definitely recommend it. But what I really love is her character's downtown Chicago apartment. This week's episode had quite a few shots of the hallway, which I thought was beautiful as soon as it popped up on the screen. The checkerboard floor, the wall's architectural details, the sleek light fixtures, the... IKEA CHEST OF DRAWERS! As I scanned the items of the room, admiring all of these pretty details (yes, that's how I watch my TV shows), I was so excited to see the same chest of drawers I recommended my mom get for guest room - we're going with grey, who's surprised? - and these are the perfect charcoal color. AND affordable.
Ikea's Edland chest of drawers - currently available for $199
Stay tuned for more I Spy's in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that piece! Do we need to make another trip to IKEA??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin