Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Look for Less: Sawhorse desk


West Elm's sawhorse worktable is one of my favorite items. In fact, this is the desk I chose when my sister sent me on a mission to revamp her bedroom (where her desk also dwells). It provides a large workspace; a place to sit down and get your hands dirty (so to speak)... great for drafting, writing, painting, creating, blogging...

It's not the cheapest option at West Elm, selling for $449, but when I saw a near-replica at Williams-Sonoma Home (pictured above), on sale for $1250, $449 wasn't looking too shabby. The size of the West Elm desk is about the same as the small WS Home desk. Yet another $200 will upgrade you to WS Home's larger option.

$1250-1450
$449
*photos from Williams-Sonoma Home and West Elm*

3 comments:

  1. I've often wondered if you could put this look together less expensively by just buying a couple saw horses and having a thick piece of glass cut. I'm tempted to make one of these for my son's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of those desks. I have a similar one from Ikea and it is probably my favorite piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look, but not a very practical work space. I am all about storage space!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin