Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help needed


I had a difficult time thinking up a post that is design, art, or fashion-related when I keep seeing the fallout of Tuesday's catastrophe flash before me on news websites and the television. The 7.0 earthquake that hit Port-au-Prince in Haiti on Tuesday has left thousands - probably hundreds of thousands - dead, injured, homeless, missing... I urge all of you today as you go about your lives to remember those that now have nothing.

The beautiful countryside in Haiti
and the beach

Port-au-Prince before the Earthquake

Port-au-Prince after Tuesday's devastating Earthquake
Thousands of people are left homeless and need help.

I know these aren't the easiest times financially for many, but if you can, I'd encourage you to make a small donation to help get food, first aid, and shelter to those affected in Haiti.

*images from wunderground.com and Reuters*

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to donate. What a wonderful post you have here. It's truly devastating and in situations like this penny helps.
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post my love. Good to be caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos and post. I read this morning that the red cross has raised more than $3 million from $5 and $10 text message donations alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely puts things in perspective, doesn't it? All of this "stuff" we normally talk about is just "stuff" when you think about how little these people have. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully thoughtful post! I hope it encourages many to donate what they are able.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for bringing this reminder to us all ~ just imagine how much money we could raise if we all gave $5 or $10 ~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin