Monday, January 4, 2010

My new home (in daylight).

Just a few shots you've already seen of my new apartment but in natural light.


The prints of the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, and the Colosseum that you see above the couch and bar are actually sketches I drew in Adobe Illustrator. I took the PDFs to Kinkos, had them printed out a really thin paper for $7 total (nicer poster-quality paper would have put the print job over $60). The frames are from IKEA and cost $16 each. Total cost of project = $55.

entryway vignette


9 comments:

  1. Those prints are very cool. you should Etsy those bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prints-great idea. Your rug is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And regarding the prints - I hopefully will. I have to find my own way to print them though... any ideas on great printers?

    Cheers,
    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love those prints! Wish I could draw like that. Indeed, Etsy would be a great idea. I don't have printer advice though, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love reading it! You have great style. Where did you get the pretty yellow pillows from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your paint colour...what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah those prints are great! You could just sell the digital version of the three pictures on etsy! That saves you the work of printing them to order -- and you can always figure out how to create and sell physical prints eventually, but you'd definitely have at least one customer in the meantime who'd even buy just the PDF's!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin