Friday, January 15, 2010

Heading for the Border


It's about that time...

After the holiday feasting has passed, after us Chicagoans have suffered through more than a week straight of below-zero temperatures, after the winter blues really start to settle in knowing we have two+ months to go, it's time to head for the border. I'm going to Mexico! Well, I am next Saturday that is. Nate, my sister, her bf, and I will venture to the beautiful Isla de Mujeres off the coast of Cancun to enjoy crystal clear waters, fresh margaritas, dining and dancing, and sizzling fajitas day in and day out. Not sure if any of you have ever been, but if you have, any and all suggestions are welcome!

I'm not going to lie. I don't exactly feel my beach bod is up to par after the holidays, so I began searching for something I've never bought before. A cover-up. Normally I just throw on an old T, but I figure, Alaina, it's time to act like an adult and dress up a little. Of all the things I found, I definitely prefer the all-white or super bright options. Here's a few favorites for anyone else getting away this winter:



A little embellishment never hurt anyone! Loving this French Connection number on sale at Bluefly

I saw and loved most of the white options available out there. They just seem so light and breezy. Perfect for sipping cocktails by the pool.



My sis purchased this darling ribbon coverup from Victoria's Secret.

I don't think Mexico - or really any beach - is the place to don a black coverup (it just sounds hot - temperature-wise) BUT I had to include this rockin' Michael Kors option.

So! I think if I could buy any coverup for Mexico, it would be this white eyelet number by OndadeMar. It just looks so comfy and breezy, easy to throw on and off, plus that white would look great with a tan.

But I don't have 100 buckaroos to drop, so in reality, I'll be sporting this comfy Vicki's tie-waist coverup. Equal parts comfy and cute, plus I think this more easily transitions into a day dress when we head out to grab margaritas and $1 tacos around noon! Viva Mexico!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip! I'm heading to Florida next week, and I can't wait for the warmer weather. This winter has been brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! I am going to FL for the weekend in Feb...cannot wait! Love all these cover ups... the VS one your sister got is wicked cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious! This pale body is craving some sun. I like the cover up by French Connection, btw. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! I'm so envious - I need some sunshine too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous finds dear! i love the white ones! :)
    xoxo,
    LenkaLovee
    PS: fabulous blog! lovee!@ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky!!! enjoy your vacation and basking in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your post! I am going to South Beach in March and have had cover ups on the mind as well. If we are not considering prices, I think that this one would look amazing in Mexico over a white bikini:

    ttp://www.intermixonline.com/product/resort/swim/exclusive+chiffon+cocoon+open+caftan+throw-+turquoise.do?sortby=ourPicks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Choice on cover-up.....

    Hope you and Andrea have so much fun!

    sooo jealous.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin