Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Preps Take New York

In case you haven't heard, some of my favorite prepster bloggers are taking on the Big Apple this week, working to complete their new online magazine due out in January. Katie Armour, Jane Lilly Warren, and Fallon Hogarty are the brains behind Matchbook Magazine, a publication that is guaranteed to be as full of grosgrain eye candy as their blogs. With style icons like Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, and Jackie O and wardrobes overflowing with J.Crew, Kate Spade, and vintage scarves, it's easy to see that these ladies have a clear vision, and it's one to inspire.

They were so kind as to post some snapshots on Facebook from their week in NYC. I think it's fair to say we can expect great things from this trio.

If the styling of this close-up doesn't stop you in your tracks, we need to have a serious conversation. Classics like the quilted Chanel bag and cameo ring paired with today's trend of grey nails jabbing away on an iPhone perfectly depict the Matchbook team's philosophy: celebrating the classics, shaken not stirred.

Oh look! The Kate Spade's sparkling stud earrings that you all voted for last Friday. I'd love a pair in every color!

Vintage book covers and refrigerators overflowing with Kate Spade goodies. This pretty much sums up what Matchbook is all about.

As I wrote last week, grey is a staple color in any prep's wardrobe, along with navy and camel. If you're in the market for a new winter coat, I'd definitely go with one of these three colors. Black is always a safe option, but I try and stay away from it unless the details and tailoring are particularly unique.

We share an affinity for Miss Middleton.

These girls love a vintage bag. Can you blame them?

I've always wanted to see New York at Christmas. So many twinkling lights!

But perhaps the main reason I am so excited for this new venture is because two of the founding members are ladies I've gotten to know, respect, and befriend through blogging. Katie and I started blogging around the same time a year and a half ago and have been cheering each other on throughout that time. This October, we finally met in person at - wait for it - a Kate Spade store of all places. Fallon contacted me this summer for an interview, and she and I hit it off right away. Needless to say, we spent quite a few evenings sipping cocktails and laughing ourselves to the floor. The third member, Jane Lilly Warren, is a wicked talented graphic designer whose work I have long admired, and I hope to meet her one day, also!

So, again, if you haven't already, I encourage you to check out Matchbook Magazine, and show your support by following the ladies on Facebook and Twitter as they romp through New York this week!

8 comments:

  1. I went all "swoon" yesterday looking at all these, such a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a marvelous publication, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ladies, can't wait for their first issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York is just spectacular around the Holidays!

    Definitely checking out Matchbook Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! totally just added matchbook to my list of online glossies.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alaina -- thank you so much for your sweet words about Matchbook! I hope we can meet one day as well:) xx, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! So much goodness I'm not going to even get specific :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin